Does anyone get sore eyes from using a gameboy color? I get this and it really makes making music a chore. I think it may be due to the lack of backlight as I think I wouldn't get it from an sp and I don't get it from my phone which has a smaller screen.

I have bought the new front light kits from kitsch bent.

Can anyone comment who has a front light mod? Does it make your eyes strain less?

Taichung, Taiwan

Change the color scheme.

Sweeeeeeden

While I cannot comment on the front light, imo the GBC screen is horrible. It has a special kind of flicker, especially noticeable when you move your eyes' focus from one part of the screen to another. This is similar to the flicker on a CRT TV/monitor with a low refresh rate, or a badly designed fluorescent tube, if you're sensitive to that kind of thing. It can be just plain annoying. Your mileage may vary.

Michigan

Do you were glasses? The screen is like, 2.5"

matt's mind

do you have astigmatism perhaps?

i've had another person tell me the color screen looked 'vibrating' and 'flickery' to them...  they had astigmatism it ended up...

Arizona

I wear contacts and personally I find the CGB screen to be my favorite when set to kiko/cute.

Edit: Spelling.

Last edited by Limitbreak (Jan 24, 2014 3:33 pm)

I don't wear glasses, my eyes are pretty good. I think it may just be how dim the screen is. It's not because of the flickering.

What are people's opinions on a jack modded sp?