London, UK

Hi everyone

I have recently borrowed an arduinoboy off a friend who has successfully used it in the past.

I am having trouble simply syncing my alesis hr16 drum machine and my game boy. All I wish to do is have the game boy as a slave and stay in time with the alesis HR16 internal clock.

I know the midi out/clock of the hr16 is fine as it has sync'd with my Commodore 64 and MSSIAH with no problems. I am using the arduinoboy version of LSDJ (have tried both versions)  and have set the sync on LSDJ to SLAVE. I Have set the arduinoboy to SLAVE mode too.

I press start on LSDJ and it says wait, but then when the HR16 is started there is nothing from the GB.

ANY noob issues that I should be aware of or pointers to help me out?

Cheers!

Alabama

Try using the regular version of LSDJ. Make sure the vanilla ROM works wink

Boulder, CO

Doesn't it say in the manual to set it to MIDI, not SLAVE when syncing midi?

Unsubscribe

Is the arduinoboy set to the correct mode as well? The device should flash to the beat even if the lsdj is set tot he wrong mode.

London, UK

I have tried all of the above regarding standard version and using midi and slave settings.

I have tried all settings on the arduinoboy but none of them produce a flashing led with the midi clock. Whe  you first turn on the arduinoboy is it just one press of the button to get to the correct mode for slave use?

thanks