San Francisco

great application that makes a userfriendly wine for those Windows programs you want to run on your mac.

runs fairly well though in certain apps you may have to adjust the configurations a bit to get it to run more smooth.

so far i have tested famitracker and tfm

TFM runs perfect. Famitracker needs some adjustments.

any one else using this and testing it out on other trackers?

I tried running the paragon5 game boy tracker through wine, and although it played a demo song perfectly, it lagged significantly, graphically.  Therefore I deemed it unusable.  Too bad.

astral cat

for some reason i can't change instruments in famitracker when i use crossover.. you had any problem with this?

tbh I don't bother to try and use famitracker with wine or crossover or anything.  I find there are too many annoyances, even if it technically works enough to be usable.  So I won't be very helpful with trouble shooting sad

I just installed windows with boot camp.  Though I'm not a huge fan of that either.

Hoxton, London UK

some of these (VMware Fusion is the best by the way) tend to get muddled when it comes to keyboard input commands. I found parralels used to do stuff like mistake 8s for Us and stuff..

San Francisco

bleepola on my mac. it runs... but because of keyboard layout it is hard to work with on my laptop. there is no place to change the keys in the program either so it cant be helped. ran into some memory issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IXyFiM1xq0

Last edited by wedanced (Jul 15, 2010 3:55 am)

Ciudad de méxico, MX

in wine on linux  Raster Music tracker works amazing. Using darwine or this will probably help using this atari pokey tracker on mac.

Canada

I use VMWare Fusion on my mac, and Famitracker works great through that. Only thing wrong with VMWare is that it's not too good graphically (but that's only a downside if you are looking to play high-res video games through it on the mac).

Can anyone get pxtone going on a Mac?

Canada

Yep, using vmware, but you have to delete the "Japanese.ico" in the  pxtone folder in order for it to be in English:
I also use Renoise, Famitracker and Buzz in VMWare.

Why renoise if there's a native Mac port?

Sweeeeeeden
mk wrote:

So he can use non-OSX VSTs?

Canada
nitro2k01 wrote:
mk wrote:

So he can use non-OSX VSTs?

Correct. WAY more VSTs native for windows.

Massachusetts

I wish I had a spare Windows CD to install Bootcamp or Cross Over. Shit sucks and I wish I could get my .savs on my MBP.

Speaking of, do any of you guys use the EMS supplied program with your LSDJ .savs on a Mac?

))<>((
mountainhead wrote:

I wish I had a spare Windows CD to install Bootcamp or Cross Over.

You definitely don't need a Windows CD for CrossOver. CrossOver is based on Wine, which is open source.

San Francisco

wine is free too. cross over is for those that cant be bothered to learn. i would encourage doing it straight up in wine.