I bought an Ems cart a few weeks ago (not from kitsch bent) but it isn't working correctly. It initially worked fine but after using LSDJ for 10 minutes it crashed then I was unable to get it working after that.

It either hangs on the gameboy screen, continuously reloads gameboy screen, white screen or when it does load it has audio glitches and crashes after about 5 seconds. I have tried reloading roms of different games and pages, holding the cartridge firmly in, wiggling it in different positions, removing/reinstalling battery, blowing... but I get the same results.  I get these problems on both my gameboy colors and GBA. I have one other EMS cartridge which works perfectly.

Does anyone know of a solution as the website shop has not replied to any of my emails over the past few weeks. I've since bought a replacement from kitsch.

Just sounds like a bad cart/connector connection. Try sliding some games in and out of it, then cleaning the ems edge connector

Earth

Could be a warped case. Try to firmly press the top of the cartridge against the gameboy. Or push it in different ways.

Last edited by breakphase (Jan 28, 2014 3:39 pm)

BK

Check the cleanliness of the contacts, and also open it up if you can to see if anything is loose. Also check the solder joints to see if anything isn't connected properly- the build quality isnt always great on these carts and I had to fix one once by adding a dab of solder in the right place.

Thanks for your suggestions. I've opened it up and inspected it. There is no visual dry solder joints or bad connections. The contacts are in good condition. I've tried inserting it with only the half case on and pressing different parts of the board. All give the same results.

It connects to the computer and transfers files perfectly. It just doesn't play them right.

Flash a file to it then read it back and try to play the read back on in an emulator. Will rule out a cart issue and narrow it down

12ianma wrote:

Flash a file to it then read it back and try to play the read back on in an emulator. Will rule out a cart issue and narrow it down

How did I do that? It's not a drag n derp cartridge so isn't seen as a viewable storage drive

matt's mind

he means you should program a file onto the cartridge, then read the file off the cartridge onto your hard drive, and then open that file in an emulator and see if it works.  he didn't mean to try to run the file on the cart in an emulator, as-if it were on a thumb drive or something

I'll try this when I return home from holiday. But the sav file on lsdj was still intact when using the Ems software

kitsch wrote:

he means you should program a file onto the cartridge, then read the file off the cartridge onto your hard drive, and then open that file in an emulator and see if it works.  he didn't mean to try to run the file on the cart in an emulator, as-if it were on a thumb drive or something

Yes, thanks