I just had this thought pop into my head... ANYONE? Anyone? Bueller?

I think it might be cheaper just to buy DMG buttons than to harvest them from a power glove.

it was meant to harvest the D-PAD and A and B for the coolness factor

Michigan
Chiwabit wrote:

I don't own one, but they look huge in pictures online.

Taichung, Taiwan
Jazzmarazz wrote:
Chiwabit wrote:

I don't own one, but they look huge in pictures online.

TWSS.

coolness factor is probably higher with a complete power glove than with some buttons in a game boy.  I may be wrong, but the buttons don't really stand out as being such a distinctive feature that people could instantly identify them when seen in a DMG.

If you have a power glove i will trade you 2 sets of grey buttons for double the coolness.  I can even include a matching power switch and link port cover.

edit:  please don't kill a power glove for the buttons.

Last edited by rygD (Feb 4, 2014 10:16 pm)

Pittsburgh

On a slightly related note, I once test-fitted the select/start buttons from one of these in the DMG. They looked like they would fit if trimmed down only a little tiny bit! However, modding stock start/select pads to work with them would be a challenge... Food for thought anyway.

rygD wrote:

coolness factor is probably higher with a complete power glove than with some buttons in a game boy.  I may be wrong, but the buttons don't really stand out as being such a distinctive feature that people could instantly identify them when seen in a DMG.

If you have a power glove i will trade you 2 sets of grey buttons for double the coolness.  I can even include a matching power switch and link port cover.

edit:  please don't kill a power glove for the buttons.

rygD I don't own a power glove that was just one of my mind trips thank you for the offer thou, did you ever find the case?

No, but I am looking at old hardware, so I will take a look.  Like I said, I have seen a bunch of soft cases, but never that one.  Is it orange or pink?

Gosford, Australia
Another Castle wrote:

On a slightly related note, I once test-fitted the select/start buttons from one of these in the DMG. They looked like they would fit if trimmed down only a little tiny bit! However, modding stock start/select pads to work with them would be a challenge... Food for thought anyway.

playstation/dualshock buttons also work, just need to file out the button holes in the DMG and cut an extraneous tab off of the buttons to make them fit.
they look dumb at first cause they're much taller than DMG buttons, but they feel super nice and way more responsive

rygD wrote:

No, but I am looking at old hardware, so I will take a look.  Like I said, I have seen a bunch of soft cases, but never that one.  Is it orange or pink?

Orange, I will keep an eye out If I see it I will PM you the link