"If you've never heard 8-bit metal, you're going to want to prepare your anus, in the most literal way possible. Take one dose of loperamide 30 minutes to an hour before the first song, and have some bismuth subsalicylate nearby. Avoid spicy foods for at least an hour after all shows. If you experience redness, swelling and/or a discharge, see a licensed physician."
Dr. Karin Chakwas, Ph.D, Proctology

Hello this is our first EP we are a new band almost 1yr together and we are doing very well in South Florida, take a listen to our music, like it and share it so ppl can enjoy this unique style, i will post some links to our music for FREE downloads.

links: (you can download our EP FREE at Sound Cloud or Band Camp)

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Allhailthemustache
YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU2xoAP7XtA
SC: https://soundcloud.com/allhailthemustache/forgotten
BC: http://allhailthemustache.bandcamp.com/

Utah

Well, thought I'd give you a little feedback. The songs are alright but the chiptune element is really lacking. If you're trying to sell yourself as 8-bit metal, you're going to need to do more than just add the simplest pulse channel programming possible, because as is, it just sounds gimmicky. The lack of effort is glaring. I'd recommend 100HandSlap and RainbowDragonEyes as reference for how to do it right.

well we just started about 1 year ago and we are still very new to LSDJ, we have seen some tutorials but its not easy, we are almost done with our first album and we have added more/different 8 bit sounds...but i will check those you references you listed. thank you.

Last edited by All Hail The Mustache (Feb 10, 2014 10:22 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan
All Hail The Mustache wrote:

well we just started about 1 year ago and we are still very new to LSDJ, we have seen some tutorials but its not easy, we are almost done with our first album and we have added more/different 8 bit sounds...but i will check those you references you listed. thank you.

Then don't say you're 8-bit metal if you don't feel up to snuff.

what the hell is up with this hostile forum environment? dude we are using LSDJ through a DMG that produces 8bit sounds and we are playing metal composed by several ppl in the band so therefore we are 8bit/chiptune metal  or call it Nintendocore...so we CAN say that. not sure where you were aiming with that comment.

Last edited by All Hail The Mustache (Feb 10, 2014 10:40 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan

"If you've never heard 8-bit metal, you're going to want to prepare your anus, in the most literal way possible."

"well we just started about 1 year ago and we are still very new to LSDJ"

Unsubscribe

maybe run the chip stuff through an amp or amp sim device to beef it up, because i like the vox and guitar, but the chip stuff needs some ballsing up. Pretty gothenburg sounding.

herr_prof wrote:

maybe run the chip stuff through an amp or amp sim device to beef it up, because i like the vox and guitar, but the chip stuff needs some ballsing up. Pretty gothenburg sounding.

when we play live we use a DI box and plug it in through the PA and we adjust it there...but we can work on it more in the mixing for mp3s, and thank you for the compliments & suggestion we appreciate it ^_^

Unsubscribe

Yea looking forward to a release and live footage .

TSSBAY01

this is not music that i would admit to writing. sorry but like...this is boring as shit. i mean REALLY, REALLY boring nintendobro jumpup psuedocrap with no direction or place in chipmusic; quite literally just shoehorning some menial chiptune in there with your line6 amps and ambiguous guitars and pearl forum drums with sabian cymbals with no finesse or attention to songwriting. the only thing you are missing to make this more bro is breakdown parts and crowdkills. let me make it clear that there is nothing unique about this stuff. i suggest the band start utilizing techniques that are more along the lines of something like this:

this stuff makes me ashamed to have written chipmusic, it embarrasses me to write music that could in some way be compared to this. its quite possibly the noise that my nightmares are made of. please stop.

NC in the US of America

"If you've never heard 8-bit metal"
We have all heard 8-bit metal *smiles*. I'm not going to say anything bad about this album, except that I'm not a fan of guitars chugging along with no BASS (in my current state I can't really bring myself to form an opinion as to the actual composition). "B.A.C.O.N." made me giggle. smile

"what the hell is up with this hostile forum environment?"
Some people just call it how they see it without sugar-coating or a second thought to the sparing of feelings. Nothing personal (I think). Dancing around issues gets old after awhile for some people. Also don't let the ornery vocal minority scare you away. There are plenty of benevolent forces here to balance out the hostility.

Put yourself on the other side of the equation: What if an intermediate LSDJ artist decided "Hey I'm going to play some brutal metal chugs over my bleepy bloops" so he buys a guitar and goes through the "You Can Teach Yourself Metal Guitar" book for one year, records an EP featuring LSDJ and what he has learned in that book and then goes to a metal forum saying "If you've never heard metal 8-bit get ready for the ride of yovr life... or DEATH" etc, what would you think?

These "8bit" elements might WOW people who aren't really "into" the "chipmusic thing", but for people who are All Bit and a Bag of Chips, this type of programming is not going to blow them away. Personally I don't think it's all that bad at all. *shrugs* I'm sure there are plenty of other people here who would have no complaints. I do agree that the chipstuff could use a bit of buffing up (I think everything could use a bit more beef).

Also I suppose a community founded on "chiptune" would have reservations towards a band who APPEARS TO only "uses" chiptune but is not "chiptune" at its "foundation" if you know what I mean...? Not saying that is you, but it could look that way to some people.

Keep bit up! Don't quit, keep chip-chuggin' along as I always say...

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Feb 24, 2014 8:21 am)

UK, Leicester

wow guys

And this Ladies and Gents is the Chipmusic.org forum community, what a shame, but everyone is entitled to their opinions i guess.

NC in the US of America
Alpine wrote:

wow guys

*guy

??

Also I wanted to point out that the last two tracks are identical. I don't know if that was intentional or not.

Edit: I edited my previous post to give a better idea of what I'm trying to say. Also a lot of the sillier things that I said were very tongue-in-cheek.

All Hail The Mustache wrote:

And this Ladies and Gents is the Chipmusic.org forum community, what a shame, but everyone is entitled to their opinions i guess.

You've literally heard from what? Like... three people?

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Feb 11, 2014 8:15 am)

TSSBAY01

yes, it is a shame that this is the chipmusic.org forum community. i think youre looking for the 'buttmetalwithshitelsdjinthebackground.biz' forum community

Clermont-Ferrand, France

I'm not into trash talking either.
Maybe making a record like this was a little early for your band, but you should definitely keep going.

I have a band in mind which (imo) mixed very well the influences, although it's pretty different from your style.
http://lyode.bandcamp.com/