California, United States

no fun allowed.

NC in the US of America

We have lots of fun here. The fun gets out of hand, the thread gets closed, and then we have more fun later on. Repeat. I don't see what the problem is. Most of the "fun" that ends with a locked thread was a thread locked way past-due.

Now if people started getting banned for all the locked fun we have, then that would be a problem. But as it is... I don't see why people have this "we can't have fun on chipmusic.org" mantra. A locked thread doesn't mean the end to the fun.

Maybe I am mistaking what I perceive as "fun" with cynicism and malice...? :\

The thing that makes cm.o less fun for me is when people make comments about how not-fun cm.o is. :\

bitjacker wrote:
DESUMATE wrote:

If you can take the heat, stay out of the kitchen son.

I let stuff roll off. Just seen some people eaten alive on here...
some poor dude tries to sell a gameboy... if a person could get a black eye from the internet... he got a fat lip.
who would shop at a store that had a tsa agent doing body cavity searches at the door?

Yeah that was me.

SketchMan3 wrote:

We have lots of fun here. The fun gets out of hand, the thread gets closed, and then we have more fun later on. Repeat. I don't see what the problem is. Most of the "fun" that ends with a locked thread was a thread locked way past-due.

Now if people started getting banned for all the locked fun we have, then that would be a problem. But as it is... I don't see why people have this "we can't have fun on chipmusic.org" mantra. A locked thread doesn't mean the end to the fun.

Maybe I am mistaking what I perceive as "fun" with cynicism and malice...? :\

The thing that makes cm.o less fun for me is when people make comments about how not-fun cm.o is. :\

What makes cm.o not fun sometimes is how people can take the trolling a little too far and just be flat out mean. If people wouldn't do that crap then cm.o would be fun for everyone.

IL, US
12ianma wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

there wasnt really anything funny in that post, might be time you consider becoming a slightly more mature human being

2srs4me

Everyone dies, don't take life srs.

You weren't joking about death, you were using a not so kind term for homosexuals as part of a stupid joke thread about slugs for some moronic reason. Maybe you shouldn't say things that might make people feel unwelcome here, then you'd feel more welcome here yourself.

Los Angeles, CA

I like this community a lot.  It's filled with knowledgeable individuals who make great content.  I think the moderation is pretty great.  It's true that sometimes that sometimes we can be a little harsh on new people, but it seems like new posters here just have a tendency to dive in without even trying to get a sense of how stuff works around here.  I'd say that on average, something on cm.o makes me giggle in childlike wonder once or twice a week, whether it be someone being genuinely funny or from someone sharing some piece of information that I didn't know I needed.  This place is pretty great. anyone who is seriously dissatisfied has unreasonable standards for internet communities.

maybe with less moderation the forum wouldbe More Fun but i think it would be a worse place to talk about chip music so theres that

hardcore, Australia

Last edited by godinpants (Feb 16, 2014 10:25 am)

godinpants wrote:

That was beautiful. lol

e.s.c. wrote:
12ianma wrote:

2srs4me

Everyone dies, don't take life srs.

You weren't joking about death, you were using a not so kind term for homosexuals as part of a stupid joke thread about slugs for some moronic reason. Maybe you shouldn't say things that might make people feel unwelcome here, then you'd feel more welcome here yourself.

I find it hard to believe that felt like a personal attack on anybody but snails.

So sry nvr4get

(you guys are pretty good at making people feel unwelcome. Does that makes us BFFs?)

IL, US

i just make assholes feel unwelcome, so no
edit: also, you should realize the rules were strictly against use of that language and used it anyway. complaining that it got removed is as silly as taking a shower then being upset that you're wet

Last edited by e.s.c. (Feb 16, 2014 2:39 pm)

No it's like we both took a shower then you whine that I'm wet

IL, US

i dont remmber having anything to do with you making that idiotic thread, that shit is all on you
you made a thread that violated site rules, one of the admins handled it, now youre complaining about it
i dont see me in that equation at all

I'm talking about making people feel unwelcome.

I wasn't complaining about my thread. Was complaining about ppl being 2 srs

IL, US

this is a (mostly) serious website, might help to remember that.. if its not for you, no one is stopping you from making your own website where you can drop as much hate speech as you want

I am mostly serious about hardware. It was not hate speech. seriously. Did Alex jones read that thread or something?