America

Hey guys,

After adding a backlight (Nonfinite v5 white, to be exact) to my DMG I noticed that the screen lit up, but didn't seem to be functioning.  The device still made sounds and seemed to be in working order, so I played with the contrast dial and noticed that with it turned to the darkest setting the screen is working but is extremely light and hard to read.

Here are images of what I'm talking about, although it didn't photograph well.

Any thoughts on what could have happened? Any fixes?

The back ribbon cable is completely in tact and I was very careful about the brown cable connecting the LCD itself.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:34 am)

Michigan

I would also like to mention that the electrolytic caps on the front board can effect the LCD. Replacing them at this point could help.

matt's mind
Jazzmarazz wrote:

I would also like to mention that the electrolytic caps on the front board can effect the LCD. Replacing them at this point could help.

since whatever that effect is called fixed a lot by this

Michigan
kitsch wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

since whatever that effect is called fixed a lot by this

I'm having trouble understanding your comment. Is it sarcasm, reassurment, offense? Punctuation helps my friend.:)

seattle

pshh, kitsch wouldn't use sarcasm even if there was a fire

edit: not sarcasm

Last edited by seatrash (Feb 16, 2014 2:09 am)

matt's mind

there was a typo

since=seen

as in, i've seen a lot of 'whatever that problem is called' fixed by replacing the caps

wink

(as a sidenote, i swear OS X update has a spellchecker built into the whole OS now.  either that or my typing part of my brain is in serious trouble lately)

Cleveland, OH

The LCD amp is blown. You can can try the capacitors but it's probably the driver.