So this may be a dumb question, but my LSDJ cart is corrupt, but I managed to get the .sav on my pc before it happened. If I were to clear the cart, then flash the data onto it from my pc, would that work? Sorry if it's a really stupid question.

What do you mean by corrupt?

Will the save open in an emulator?

what type of cart (USB or non)

Taichung, Taiwan

It all really depends. If I remember correctly carts aren't "corrupt," it's the data on the file that is corrupt. You may need to clear all the data off the cartridge, and reload the ROM onto it and see if it will work properly at that point.

The data on the sav file might be salvageable but you will have to contact nitro2k about that.

Yeah, the .sav on my pc works fine on my emulator. The cart is USB, and the corruption pretty much just makes it so that there's a bunch of random chains with random stuff in them. I talked to nitro2k about it a while ago, and he said that the type of corruption was really hard to deal with and he couldn't really do much. But since the sav on my pc works fine on my emulator, it should be okay to load onto my cart, right?

Taichung, Taiwan

Hmmmmm, if you go to my thread about "photos of flash carts" Kitsch is in there and explains changing out a chip on the pcb of your usb bb cart and it should do the trick.

Taichung, Taiwan

You have to do a little digging.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/12226 … artridges/

Wait, so do I have to do that? I can't just clear the cart and then flash my data from my pc?

Taichung, Taiwan
tonesworth wrote:

Wait, so do I have to do that? I can't just clear the cart and then flash my data from my pc?

Well I assumed you already did that because you have everything already, or did you not do it yet?

If you are trying to troubleshoot something, troubleshoot the issue before you ask if it works or not.

I just wanted to make sure it was safe or whatever before I did it. I tend to be very cautious when it comes to this stuff. Sorry hmm

It worked out. Thanks! And sorry again. But for some reason, the speech programming is all weird. Like, it goes from AA- to KK2, but then after KK2 it goes to 555, and it stops. Any idea what's up?

Alive and well in fucksville

I have heard that little fm works well on bleepbloop carts.

bitjacker wrote:

I have heard that little fm works well on bleepbloop carts.

What's that?

^lol

I can swap a chip for you if you need it

12ianma wrote:

^lol

I can swap a chip for you if you need it

lol thanks, but I think it's fixed. The only problem is the whole speech thing, I don't know what the deal is with that.

Alive and well in fucksville
tonesworth wrote:

that

File manager (little) makes it possible to have more saving capabilites even in lieu of battery power. It is written to flash memory. several banks of memory are allowed a ldsj project. multiply the memory of a bleepbloop cart by like 6x. then add badass to it.
Nitro could tell you about it better than I could.
Or it could be an upgraded chip. oh well.

Last edited by bitjacker (Feb 20, 2014 6:39 pm)

Okay, well I downloaded version 0.5, and whenever I try to open my LSDJ ROM I keep getting an error saying "size of ROM image must be 1048576 bytes..."