So I downloaded LittleFM 0.5, and I'm having some trouble. For some reason, whenever I try to load a ROM, it says "Error! Size of base ROM image must be 1048576 bytes..." I've never used LittleFM on this ROM before, so I don't know why it's not working. hmm

Sweeeeeeden

So how big is the ROM? If you right click the file and choose properties, exactly how many bytes are there in the file? Are you sure you're not opening something that isn't actually a ROM, such as a save file or a zip file containing a ROM? And another thing, if the file contains save data stored in the ROM, it will be twice as big. Upgrading such a ROM currently isn't supported in the application.

The file's 512 KB. It's a .gb file.

Sweeeeeeden

That's either a really old version or a 4 Mbit compatibility version. Get a more recent (or even the latest) version.

I downloaded the one from here. http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2013/02/04 … -released/
I also tried the one in the comments.

Sweeeeeeden

I mean old version of LSDj.

Oh my bad. I have 3.9.9.

Sweeeeeeden

3.9.9 is supposed to be 1 MiB big. Could you send me the ROM you have to [email protected]?

Yeah, sure. Thanks a lot.

Sweeeeeeden

This is half the actual ROM. If you dumped it from a cartridge, you selected the wrong size. You will be missing some kits, and the ROM might crash when doing some things. If you need the full version because you only owned a cartridge, I suggest buying access from Johan. It's just $5.

http://littlesounddj.com/lsd/

Dang. Yeah, I only own a cartridge. Thanks. So once I buy the full version, would I be able to transfer my data to it?

Taichung, Taiwan

You don't load sav data onto LittleFM...

Sweeeeeeden
katsumbhong wrote:

Sure you do, just not with the application. It's perfectly possible to manually append savs onto a LFM-equipped ROM with a command like copy /b lsdj-lfm,gb + sav1.sav + sav2.sav romout.gb
But that wasn't the issue here.

But I'm also curious what tonesworth is actually trying to achieve here. I recommend that people use LittleFM, but you on't need it. (Unless you want some of the special functionality, like link cable transfer.) It's perfectly possible to use LSDj's built-in file manager unless there's some problem. Care to elaborate what you want to do?

Well, what I meant by my last post is can I transfer my data from my current screwy LSDJ ROM to the full version when I get it?

Sweeeeeeden

No. Normally, (when not using LittleFM) the data is only in SRAM or in a sav file, not in the ROM. If you don't have either of those, you likely don't have your data.

Taichung, Taiwan
nitro2k01 wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

Sure you do, just not with the application.

:3