Alabama

Written for my friend Mandy (who is the flute player) last semester, have played this for two crowds at my University and gotten extremely good reception. Finally recorded and mixed it, and it will be featured soon on and album carried by Centaur, one of the top Classical music labels.

https://soundcloud.com/themaxdolensky/c … difference

Any feedback is appreciated, the piece was tons of fun to write and one terribly hard dog to mix.

Last edited by MaxDolensky (Feb 21, 2014 8:17 am)

Nottingham, UK

Man, this is some of the most interesting GB music I've heard in a long time, the flutes the icing on the cake. In terms of Mix, I'd say that maybe there are a few times when some careful panning might have kept the flute and the GB leads from treading on each others toes a little.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Feb 21, 2014 10:59 am)

Liverpool, UK

It's pretty sick, but I think the GB is a lil' too low in the mix, especially the drums! I can see that being the purpose of it though, as a classical piece.

Abandoned on Fire
MaxDolensky wrote:

...will be featured soon on an album carried by Centaur, one of the top Classical music labels.

https://soundcloud.com/themaxdolensky/c … difference

Oho! Congrats, man!! big_smile

radical!!!

matt's mind

exceptional

this is just too rad.  wonderful stuff

congrats max and mandy!

Matthew Joseph Payne

Yeah! So glad to finally hear this, super rad!

NC in the US of America

This is wonderful. I do agree that the gameboy is a bit muddy. It's not that it's too quiet, but it lacks clarity. Like it has a cloth thrown over it.

This is really nice! Always great to see gameboy making it's way into the classical spheres.

Los Angeles, CA
SketchMan3 wrote:

This is wonderful. I do agree that the gameboy is a bit muddy. It's not that it's too quiet, but it lacks clarity. Like it has a cloth thrown over it.

This is really nice! Always great to see gameboy making it's way into the classical spheres.

Basically all of what this guy said.  Adding in stereo stuff will really help with that, I think.

I really have to say though, this is freaking WONDERFUL to listen to.  Great job max!  Do more stuff like this ASAP.

United States

Man, this is great. Really well done. Flute and Chip, who would have known. I hope you create more like this.

Sweden

Nice!

matt's mind

(jethro tull cover album please)

Alabama

Sorry, working on integrating more brass into some upcoming tracks. Stay tuned. tongue

And thanks for the encouraging words and criticisms! smile

Nomad's Land
kitsch wrote:

(jethro tull cover album please)

+1

also: Well done! Looking forward to more.

Madriz, Supain

As a spaniard, the arabesque/latin influence really tick me.

¿In wich format is it gonna get released? Ill get a copy

matt's mind
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

As a spaniard, the arabesque/latin influence really tick me.

¿In wich format is it gonna get released? Ill get a copy

i'm assuming you mean it tickles you?  (or, does it tick you off?)

happy or mad?  (just curious, one of those weird english words which means multiple things, the opposite sometimes).

like 'cool'