Wheeling, WV

I am well aware that very few people will enjoy this. I am aware of the negative comments I will receive. To the few who do enjoy it, however, thank you.

This is not a hotmessization release, as I feel that name should be very project-specific, and this release does not fit in with that and would probably tarnish the name. Instead, I'll let it tarnish my real name.

These are three compositions I made using only the pulse channels of a Game Boy, one panned left, and the other panned right. In each song, one channel will play the same four measures while the other does some sort of variation (adding or subtracting notes). As you can imagine, this can be very hard to listen to.

Track listing:

1. "Pass / Fail" - 2:27
This song plays a very basic, four-measure C major melody on the constant channel. The variable channel plays that same melody. The second time, it adds a note. Each time through, it continues to add a note until it adds one full measure. At this time, the notes are played again in reverse order, so it will subtract a note from the beginning which was previously the end. The variable channel is completely symmetrical.

2. "+/-" - 2:12
Very similar to (and composed before) "Pass / Fail", the concept of this piece is having the variable channel add one note every time it is run through, until it reaches a full measure, then subtracting one note every time. The second half, however, is not in reverse like the former piece. The composition ends when both channels are in sync again.

3. "This Is Not Phasing" - 3:57
This composition was the start of the release. One channel plays the same four measures, while the other plays the same with the last note missing. The title comes from the false notion that this type of composition is phasing (other similar works have been said to be phasing pieces). Since both parts are at the same speed and tempo, this is not phasing. It could be argued to be polymetric, but I'm not getting into this discussion for a shitty composition I made. Anyways, the song ends when both parts are in sync again.

It can be downloaded here.

http://bit.ly/9EOSnt

I can scan the sheet music for piano when I get around to it if anybody is interested enough.

Last edited by hotmessization (May 5, 2010 4:45 am)

I am shamelessly necrobumping this thread, as I feel it is something that deserves being listened to. I find it very charming and original.

I enjoy the simplicity of this. for some reason, it's really nice not to hear any noise channel. Last track is my fav. smile

p.s. Jammin out to "this is not phasing" on repeat tongue