Los Angeles

Hi! Living in SoCal and being electronics savvy, I get a lot of requests from people asking me to do chiptune-related mods (among other things) for their systems--popular ones seem to be GBC pro sound and frontlighting, for example. I've obviously taken to charging for this due to having to generally source the parts for these myself. I've looked online to see what other people tend to charge for various mods but came to realizes this usually factors in the fact that a whole entire Gameboy is included in the price, as opposed to one that's being provided to me to mod. I figured the community here might have a few tips--I don't want to rip anyone off, but I also don't want to undercharge. Thanks in advance for any tips smile

Do it by the cost of a gameboy sold with the mod minus the price of the gameboy and a little more.

Whenever someone requests I do a mod to their gameboy it's always hard for me to price it myself, but I've slowly gotten to where I can quote someone a usual amount for something.

Good luck

Last edited by 12ianma (Mar 21, 2014 9:01 am)

Los Angeles

Thanks smile that seems reasonable...I found a website which actually can show you the average selling price of an item on eBay, so I just popped in Gameboy Colors and that gave me some perspective on what to take off (apparently they sell for an average of ~$36? go figure) ... anyway, thanks for the tip!

Unsubscribe

parts + time it will take divided by how much you like the guy plus beer money.

Michigan

BEER MONEEEEEEEEEEH B