Xalapa MX

This is not 100% chiptune, but I learned a lot in the community and wanted to share. Thanks for everything. The villain.

Castle of Desolation EP

United States

love the album art. I'm guessing 4 colors? looks beautiful

I would have to say the songs I like the most is unnamed and wolf vision.

Unnamed's melody I thought is a bit to harsh on the chip and would sound pretty interesting with a little more square wave sound, but you shoudn't change it. I'm just saying if I wrote the song.

As for wolf vision i can totally see a stair case with a werewolf waiting at the top looking down at the explorer of the castle. What a panic that would be and that song really has that feel to it. Keep it up mate. I'll have to bookmark your tumblr.

You should upload this to bandcamp.

Last edited by John Riselvato (Mar 23, 2014 1:18 am)

Xalapa MX
John Riselvato wrote:

love the album art. I'm guessing 4 colors? looks beautiful

I would have to say the songs I like the most is unnamed and wolf vision.

Unnamed's melody I thought is a bit to harsh on the chip and would sound pretty interesting with a little more square wave sound, but you shoudn't change it. I'm just saying if I wrote the song.

As for wolf vision i can totally see a stair case with a werewolf waiting at the top looking down at the explorer of the castle. What a panic that would be and that song really has that feel to it. Keep it up mate. I'll have to bookmark your tumblr.

You should upload this to bandcamp.

Thank you very much for the constructive criticism!
Get lucky my friend

TX

The artwork's excellent. I like the detuned synths and the sinister atmosphere, but some of the sounds, especially the drums, are a bit generic and this detracts from the mood. I look forward to seeing what you'll do in the future because there's a feeling here that's cool and I'd like to see developed.

Bristol, UK

Really like it! Awesome stuff. The art is great too.

Xalapa MX
Brother Android wrote:

The artwork's excellent. I like the detuned synths and the sinister atmosphere, but some of the sounds, especially the drums, are a bit generic and this detracts from the mood. I look forward to seeing what you'll do in the future because there's a feeling here that's cool and I'd like to see developed.

Thanks for the suggestion, it is well received, thank you very much big_smile

Evil Scientist wrote:

Really like it! Awesome stuff. The art is great too.

thank you very much friend wink

Utah

This is pretty rad. Nice job.

Xalapa MX
The Laohu wrote:

This is pretty rad. Nice job.

thank you very much friend, took me a couple of years