CA

Hi there,

Does anybody know nice abrasive to get rid of tiny to middle sized scratches from the clear plastic? Don't want to get to sanding unless I absolutely have to. Thanks!

Taichung, Taiwan

You might be better off getting a clear kitsch case... If it's for a dmg or a gbc.

SLC, UT

Or the ASM one, personally I don't like the look of the kitsch case.

CA

Thanks guys, I'm aware of Kitsch and ASM. But they don't sell the original Nintendo shells, as well as toxic green clear pocket ones or play it loud plastic cases. And I'd like to have my original Nintendo clear plastic parts nice and shiny.

Ohio, USA

The best thing for removing scratches is progressivly finer and finer sandpaper. Look in the automotive section at a hardware store and you should find some made for removing scratches from car paint. Start with something big enough to make the surface uniform, then work your way down until you get to a perfect surface. then finish up with some buffing compound and a microfiber or cotton cloth.

CA
WACOMalt wrote:

The best thing for removing scratches is progressivly finer and finer sandpaper. Look in the automotive section at a hardware store and you should find some made for removing scratches from car paint. Start with something big enough to make the surface uniform, then work your way down until you get to a perfect surface. then finish up with some buffing compound and a microfiber or cotton cloth.

Yup, looks like this is the only option smile

.FILTHadelphia

Magic Eraser is basically super fine micro sandpaper. Perseverance and a little elbow grease should make those scratches a little less notable.

This may sound totally nuts, but sometimes, depending on the scratch, a little bit of toothpaste worked into it can help hide a scratch on clear plastic or glass. I've had it help about half of the times I've tried. Also, the littlest bit of wd40 dabbed on with a shop rag has been helpful on occasion , especially with scuffed up looking areas of micro scratching. I always at least give them a shot before I use anything abrasive.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:27 am)

CA
Apeshit wrote:

That's *extreme* green. Toxic green is an ASM color. tongue

Oh, right smile Well I buy a lot from ASM that's why the confusion smile

Apeshit wrote:

We might sell some genuine shells through the shop in the future. We have quite a few kicking around here.

Great news! But when are you guys having your clear shells restocked? Last time I was able to acquire just one it seems they go away instantly sad

PS. Liked the monkey head sticker I got in the last package from you smile

friendofmegaman wrote:

buffing compound and a microfiber or cotton cloth.

Tamiya polishing compound

amazon.co.uk/tamiya+polishing+compound