Portland, OR

Does anyone know if there are levered potentiometers?

Or has anyone used a linear or 'slide' potentiometer in their DMGs?

Edit: There are wheel pots, couldn't find anyting about lever pots.

Scratch all of that, Is anyone familiar with membrane potentiometers?

Last edited by Dead Pixel Productions (Mar 27, 2014 8:35 pm)

by membrane  do you mean something like the softpots  that you can get from sparkfun?  I've been eyeing them for a while,  they look like they could be really cool,  but I've heard they can be a little finicky about input,  such as finger vs  stylus.

I think it would be awesome to mount one on a dmg,  just below the screen.  it would be super convenient to use your thumb there.  it might be problematic though,  that they don't stay put like a conventional pot.   that is  to say,  you can't dial in a value and leave it.  you would have to keep your finger on it  or it would return to the extreme.

Portland, OR

Yeah, coincidentally the exact same one I was eyeing as well. Although a radial membrane would be slick to mount around the d-pad... Depending on the clearance. I read that the default 'no touch' is about %30 of the range on the softpot strips. I wonder if you could parallel one with a standard pot and have a switch between the two..? I don't know enough about creating circuits to know if that would be reasonable. And I don't know enough about modding DMGs to know if there would be enough space to allow that.