philly
Shiru wrote:
wedanced wrote:

Post your guys thoughts and maybe some programing / homebrewing genius might see it and take up the project if it interests them.

It actually sounds like 'I'll sit doing nothing and waiting when someone else make my dream real'. Not very effective, and not motivating for the someone.

I don't think anyone here has lofty expectations about someone else making their dream software / tools for them. It's fun to ruminate and share ideas with comrades. If we were all as talented as you, then this thread wouldn't exist. wink

Last edited by bucky (May 10, 2010 10:06 pm)

Russia, Moscow

I have nothing against sharing the dreams, just don't like the position of the passive waiting.

As developer who made some music software I can say that a lot depends from dedication, not talent or knowledge (talent could be developed, knowledge could be obtained). Even if someone absolutely can't be a programmer, there are other things that could make dream closer to reality. Software/hardware development is not all about writing code or routing wires.

Milwaukee, WI
matt.nida wrote:

I'd love a MOD/XM player for PSP with channel muting/soloing and a pattern sequencer (not pattern editor!) that can be shuffled and reordered on the fly. Basically, write patterns and loops in Milkytracker then jam them out live. Would be heaven! smile

This would rock!  Especially considering I just got a PSP! 

A dream thing of mine would be a PSP type handheld of similar power with dual N106 chips and LP+BP+HP filters for each chip.  It would have an SD slot and  internal memory and could run many applications, some of them powerful trackers.  It would have MIDI sync as well!

Another thing that is more realistic is a native PC-Engine tracker!  As a side bonus the PCE could also be modded with a FDS sound chip for a little extra bang.  This would also have MIDI sync as well.  big_smile

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

))<>((

I'd be happy with a bunch of GB WAV channels. ;p

England

i think a dream program would be boring, the fun is getting round the quirks and limitations of the software and hardware. I'd probably just sit in front of this limitless thing and feel cold.

England

oh thats a modern PC sorry smile

astral cat
Jellica wrote:

oh thats a modern PC sorry smile

oh no she didn't. wink

MIDI IN on a cartridge and have that program save your keystrokes so you could play them back and sequence/track ontop of it.

Psydney, Australia

I'd settle for a Goattracker with a proper interface.
In fact, if I knew shit about coding, I'd try to fork it myself!

Spokompton
Jellica wrote:

i think a dream program would be boring, the fun is getting round the quirks and limitations of the software and hardware. I'd probably just sit in front of this limitless thing and feel cold.

bucky wrote:

I would love for there to a be a nice PC based tracker for the Game Boy. If Paragon 5 had the interface and user-friendliness of Famitracker I would be in love.

I would too.

But my ultimate dream chip software would be an exact copy of lsdj except it could export to .gbs

Because I just can't get into carillon.

And I want to be able to write music using lsdj for GB Demos.

But I know it's a dream wink

rochester, ny
node wrote:

a reason like program for nintendo...trackers are nice but sometimes you just want a piano roll

agree.

or a famitracker program for the gameboy.

WOW MAN!

Interesting stuff, especially since I'm putting ideas together for a new NES tracker.

God, sometimes, I'm such a whore.

lsdj2nsf

rochester, ny
Flopps wrote:

lsdj2nsf

an lsdj to ntrq converter app would be rad. obviously, all the effects and stuff wouldn't translate totally, but if it could just translate all of the actual notes, that'd be amazing.