Minneapolis

I've had a dream for a while now to design a little Pi laptop around an old mechanical keyboard or jam a Pi into one of Kitch's custom GB cases.

Melbourne, Australia
jackary wrote:

In regards to the LCD for the Pi - check out this project. It's super cheap for what it is!

There are a heap of compatible LCD shields and modules already available - no need to wait for a Kickstarter...

http://github.com/notro/fbtft/wiki/LCD-Shields
http://github.com/notro/fbtft/wiki/LCD-Modules

Presuming I make it through PAX alive I'm going to dive right into this as soon as it's over.  I'll just find the cheapest 5" screen I can.  I've even been eyeing some mini keyboards that I could just slot right on without having to solder anything (or just solder it to the board).  One open USB port for recording samples and transferring music.  I'll have to get the whole thing in front of me to figure out if I want a SSD for it.  I don't plan to emulate PSX (poorly), so I basically only need a D-Pad, ABXY, Start, Select, LR.  Alternatively just map Start/Select/LR to the keyboard.  We'll have to see what kind of controller I can destroy.

NYC
Beware wrote:

Presuming I make it through PAX alive I'm going to dive right into this as soon as it's over.  I'll just find the cheapest 5" screen I can.  I've even been eyeing some mini keyboards that I could just slot right on without having to solder anything (or just solder it to the board).  One open USB port for recording samples and transferring music.  I'll have to get the whole thing in front of me to figure out if I want a SSD for it.  I don't plan to emulate PSX (poorly), so I basically only need a D-Pad, ABXY, Start, Select, LR.  Alternatively just map Start/Select/LR to the keyboard.  We'll have to see what kind of controller I can destroy.

I'll see you at PAX its been a while man !

I usually work the tabletop area from 6PM to 2AM every year.  This year I'm 10am to 6pm, so I can actually do some stuff.