Outer Space

I was looking for some good PA speakers to use, but I'm a n00b. I have done some research, but I wanted to ask you guys. I don't make any money off my music...or in general so I'd prefer something cheap. It's really just about finding that mix between quality and affordability. I'm running lsdj (soon to be 2xlsdj hopefully) into a Korg km404 if that helps.

Last edited by OmO (Apr 6, 2014 6:54 am)

Chicago IL

A lot of places have sound systems and they don't like it when you bring your own

Outer Space
Saskrotch wrote:

A lot of places have sound systems and they don't like it when you bring your own

This is good to know...I still would like to have some speakers, but I'm slightly less concerned with needing them to be good live. I shall change the name of the post.                                                                                                                                                                  ...also...I love your music...

Last edited by OmO (Apr 6, 2014 7:00 am)

Indiana

Depending on the size of your room, if you're just wanting to use speakers for composition, maybe consider a dedicated monitor pair instead?

I have a set of these (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EON515XTpr/) for taking around to little basement shows when i need them. I generally pair them with a guitar amp, so they may run a little quiet for you depending on the space you're trying to fill. That being said, smaller active PA's are much easier to transport if you're looking into doing house shows or something.

Fudgers wrote:

Depending on the size of your room, if you're just wanting to use speakers for composition, maybe consider a dedicated monitor pair instead?

I have a set of these (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EON515XTpr/) for taking around to little basement shows when i need them. I generally pair them with a guitar amp, so they may run a little quiet for you depending on the space you're trying to fill. That being said, smaller active PA's are much easier to transport if you're looking into doing house shows or something.

you mean you use the monitors for your personal monitors (like, facing you at shows)? or as a small pa system?

Indiana
defPREMIUM wrote:

you mean you use the monitors for your personal monitors (like, facing you at shows)? or as a small pa system?

I meant using them in a non-performance environment. When I'm writing music and just messing, I like to be able to hear it outside of headphones, so I've got some cheap monitors that I use in my room.

I wasn't sure in what context  OmO was planning to use the speakers

Outer Space
Fudgers wrote:
defPREMIUM wrote:

I meant using them in a non-performance environment. When I'm writing music and just messing, I like to be able to hear it outside of headphones, so I've got some cheap monitors that I use in my room.

I wasn't sure in what context  OmO was planning to use the speakers

Well I was originally planning on using them to play live, but like Saskrotch said places usually have their own sound system. There are a bunch of small basement type venues near me that I know don't have their own systems. So I'd like them to be good for settings like that. I also like to hear outside headphones when working on songs.

Last edited by OmO (Apr 6, 2014 7:00 pm)