I've been working on a midi sequencer written in Pure Data for the last couple of weeks.
It's entirely inspired by the workflow of handheld "chip"-software, notably so nanoloop.

Read more about it here

I thought it would be interesting to some of you, I don't think I'm the only one who always wanted a midi-able version of NL. smile
The source code and application will be available soonish.

Last edited by _-_- (Apr 7, 2014 7:58 pm)

Antwerp, Belgium

Woahh man this looks so awesome!

This would be perfect for me because I always have trouble writing stuff in ableton because it lacks the workflow present in stuff like nanoloop. Also really great live/performance factor I'd imagine! What platform are you developing for now? In the description it still says Raspberry Pi is the main platform but I see you've already discarded that possibility.

Keep up the good work!

Vegasdiamond wrote:

I always have trouble writing stuff in ableton because it lacks the workflow present in stuff like nanoloop. Also really great live/performance factor I'd imagine!

That about sums up why I'm making it!

As written on the page, it is made in Pure Data, and PD runs on win/nix/mac/whatever as long as the computer is fast enough to run it. (ie not rpi)
So in other words, it runs *within* pure data as a "patch" (don't worry, it won't be complicated to use it as is)

Also as written, I intend to move onto making a standalone desktop application that will run on rpi and have more functions.

Thanks for your nice words. smile

Last edited by _-_- (Apr 7, 2014 8:39 pm)