South Korea

The last time I visited the used gaming market in Seoul, I saw many of the vendors were selling used GP2x F300 (VocaMaster), in VERY good condition, for fairly reasonable prices smile
Now, from what I gather, the F300 was ONLY released in Korea and was distributed by VocaMaster to aide in English education. I am fairly sure that it will have no issues running Piggy, so when I visit Seoul again (in June) I will get one for myself.
Does anybody know anything about these machines?
Also, if anyone is interested in owning one of these oddities, PM me or whatever, and let's work something out.

South Korea

From this video it looks like it can run software made for the WIZ.

Taichung, Taiwan

Do not get it. Will update here in a little bit when I get to my laptop.

Taichung, Taiwan

I've done some reading on it when I couldn't find an F200 and just before I purchased my GP2X CAANOO.

From what I remember finding, there were very few emulators that were ported over to the unit due to the fact that it was released just before the company went down. So in terms of support, there wasn't much.

If you want to use it for the base programs, go for it, but if you were thinking about running any sort of emulator on it for roms, I would suggest going for an F200, CAANOO or other piece of hardware from the company or similar.

Last edited by katsumbhong (Apr 13, 2014 12:27 pm)

South Korea

I had a CAANOO, but I dropped it and fucked up the screen sad I have seen some F200s and CAANOOs on eBay, but they are normally overpriced and MOST eBay sellers don't ship to Korea, so not really worth the hassle.
From what I have gathered VERY FEW of the F200 or F100 emulators work on this thing, BUT, it has firmware practically identical to the WIZ. In the video I linked earlier the menu screen looks EXACTLY like that of the WIZ, and it seems like the dude has a bunch of emulators on the SD card, along with the WIZ game he is demoing.
I know that piggy wasn't ported to the WIZ, but it the GP2X version should be usable via ginge.
I am going to Seoul 3 times in June. I will pick up one for myself the first chance I get, and then let everybody know if it is worth it, and also MAYBE take orders for a small amount of them.

Taichung, Taiwan

Word!

hamburg, germany

i just got a f300 and can't get the piggy to work.
when starting via ginge, the screen is totally f*cked up (sound works!).

is there a fix / solution?
helppppppppp.

IL, US
remute wrote:

helppppppppp.

not that i know of, only heard of a few other people who tried, all with poor results

Taichung, Taiwan
remute wrote:

helppppppppp.

katsumbhong wrote:

I've done some reading on it when I couldn't find an F200 and just before I purchased my GP2X CAANOO.

From what I remember finding, there were very few emulators that were ported over to the unit due to the fact that it was released just before the company went down. So in terms of support, there wasn't much.

If you want to use it for the base programs, go for it, but if you were thinking about running any sort of emulator on it for roms, I would suggest going for an F200, CAANOO or other piece of hardware from the company or similar.