Detroit, MI

Hello friends,

I've decided to paint my red gameboy white, and have run across an issue with the disassembly. I could tape over the screen before painting it, but is it okay to remove the adhesive holding the screen on? I'm afraid that if I remove the screen, I won't be able to put it back on. Is it worth removing or should I just tape over it?

Thank you!

EDIT: Title needed changing.

Last edited by Nursey (Apr 30, 2014 1:52 am)

Michigan

I can't even address the main question until you answer my own: why would you paint a red-boy white?!

Detroit, MI
Jazzmarazz wrote:

I can't even address the main question until you answer my own: why would you paint a red-boy white?!

c-cause I have a black one to compliment it...!

CA
Nursey wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Can you buy a grey one and paint it? Colorful guys are so beautiful and it's a waste to paint them smile
Or buy a clear boy and paint it white from the inside in this case you'll have more durable color.

Detroit, MI
friendofmegaman wrote:
Nursey wrote:

Can you buy a grey one and paint it? Colorful guys are so beautiful and it's a waste to paint them smile
Or buy a clear boy and paint it white from the inside in this case you'll have more durable color.

I wouldn't mind a reason to buy more gameboy...

Michigan

Geez you're even in Detroit. I'll give you a grey shell for the cost of shipping....

Detroit, MI

Well I had no idea this was a hot button issue, so in exchange for the answer to my question, I'll paint something else white. One of my GB micro plates is looking like a good choice.

CA

If you remove the screen you will have to glue it back with the glue. It won't stick back on its own. Alternatively you could buy a new screen cover that already have adhesive. It's a good option if your screen is scratched.

Last edited by friendofmegaman (Apr 30, 2014 3:16 am)

Detroit, MI
friendofmegaman wrote:

If you remove the screen you will have to glue it back with the glue. It won't stick back on its own. Alternatively you could buy a new screen cover that already have adhesive. It's a good option if your screen is scratched.

Gotcha, thanks.