Detroit, MI

Sup dudes. For one of my summer projects I'm gonna be painting a gamecube controller and a super famicom controller. But in the planning stage of the latter I've hit a bit of a roadblock...

how the hell do you get that big gray circle off that surrounds the ABXY buttons?

I'm afraid to just pry it off because I don't wanna just go ahead and ruin it without knowing. although I suppose if push comes to shove I can test it out on my 4th sfc controller, I GUESS... >_>

Is there anyway to get that sucker off or am I just gonna have to do some fancy tape work? If you look at Zoki64's work it's apparent that it can be done, but how is the question...

I haven't tried this myself, but you could try soaking the part in isopropyl to loosen the adhesive on the circle before prying it off.  Masking may be a better bet though if you are good with the tape.

Detroit, MI
rvan wrote:

I haven't tried this myself, but you could try soaking the part in isopropyl to loosen the adhesive on the circle before prying it off.  Masking may be a better bet though if you are good with the tape.

Is it just a plastic plate glued in place there? If that's the case that sounds like a really good idea since I can just super glue it back. I just don't want to break any possible pegs holding it into the body of the controller y'know? But I feel like it's probably still a good idea to soak it to listen things up a bit.

CYBERP_NK wrote:

Is it just a plastic plate glued in place there?

I don't have a SNES to hand to confirm this, but I am reasonably certain this is the case.