West Yorks, UK

Im happy using trackers, and extremely familiar with (DAW's and) music technology terms however not so much Amiga computers.

I first had problems figuring out (in protracker 2.3d in  winUAE) how, after loading up protracker, to load some samples from my windows hard drive on a virtual drive in the emulator.. or, anything other than floppy images.

Apparently using winUAE is by far the easiest method, and id love to just convert some breaks to iff and load them in under emulation whilst im learning, but despite finding numerous similar questions on forums, cant find an answer i can follow)

Then I aquired a protracker 3 floppy, along with a megamix master parrallel port sampler. however I managed to load only a module included on the same disk. I cant determine whether the sampler is even working or not (in protracker and techno sound turbo).

Theres got to be some vague guides to starting out with protracker hasn't there? Or a widely reccomended idiots guide to emulating the Amigas

To be honest im not sure if its infamiliarity with the tracker (and winUAE) or just with the Amiga way of doing things. (Im using PT 3.10b but will be onto 2.3d when I get mah transfer technique sorted, im guessing most the stuff will apply to both.)

Any help or pointers appreciated.
sad

In WinUAE I assume you've added a HD.  ("Add Directory or Archive", point at a folder on your machine and assign it a volume name, usually DH0:)   Then in Protracker on the disk-op menu where it says "Path:" put DH0: and click Load Module to refresh.   Alternatively the little dot to the left of "Path:" will cycle through available devices.

edit:  Also in Protracker on the Setup screen switch off ".MOD ONLY" option, otherwise you'll have to rename all your files to MOD.<filename> for it to see them.

Last edited by 4mat (May 5, 2014 1:47 pm)

lil bump, and thanks 4mat for the reply!

Semi-related but domu where did you find an ADF of Protracker 2.3d?
The only disk image I've found that autoboots correctly for me is 1.1b by Amiga Freelancers.

West Yorks, UK

cheers 4mat! id labbelled the drive as a windows disk not an amiga one.

an0va:  i cant remember where! do you want to message me your email address? I'll happily pass it on.

Last edited by Domu (May 11, 2014 11:10 am)

West Yorks, UK

is it possible i've fried the sampler or one of the ports by either it being a serial one and me sticking it in the parrallel port or vice versa?

Domu wrote:

an0va:  i cant remember where! do you want to message me your email address? I'll happily pass it on.

Just sent you a pm so I stop derailing your thread wink thanks!!

West Yorks, UK

dont worry! smile

West Yorks, UK

an0va: check your email!

Hey sorry to revive this thread but I didn't want to make a new post so I'm just gonna ask my question here.

Okay, so I transferred one of my mod files over from OctaMED to Protracker to try it out and it loads and plays fine but, If I try to load any samples though I get a message like "IFF ERROR: NOT AN 85VX FILE". I've tried things like sample and then try to reload it and still the same problem. I there something I'm doing wrong?

Last edited by DESUMATE (Oct 27, 2014 2:32 am)