Hello, guys. So, I'm new here and having problems with my MGB, sometime ago I decided to backlight it, using a homemade kit, as you can guess, it didn't went well, the backlight was dim and didn't fit the case very well, so during my last try fitting it, when I turned on the system, the red light went up, the sound flickered, and that was it, no Nintendo logo or characteristic beep, it just turns on the red led. I know the sound is fine, since I can hear it flickering on the system startup, and until that problem, the screen was working just fine, so I guess neither the LCD nor the ribbon cable are damaged. I hope you guys can help me find out what did I screw up here. ^^'

Edit: Pictures.

Last edited by JV (May 12, 2014 3:31 am)

Taichung, Taiwan

Links aren't working...

katsumbhong wrote:

Links aren't working...

Fixed it. smile

let's see a pic of the lcd side as well as the ribbon cable I damaged mine a couple days ago and it sounds like you're having the exact same issue

The LCD side is already there, is the third pic, but it was horribly taken, so I'm putting some more here, as well as the ribbon cable.

And this rusty point is really worrying me...

Let me know if you need more pics, and thanks for the replies.

Last edited by JV (May 13, 2014 4:06 pm)

Boston, MA

i'm seeing dots on that ribbon cable bud, from drops of solder maybe? is there any damage to the ribbon cable? kind of hard to see with the light reflection

It's adhesive from the reflection film, the LCD and sound we're working just fine before I tried to fit the backlight into the case, when I closed it and tried to turn it on, that happened. I guess I pressured something important in the pcb. ;/

Hey, guys, no hints on this yet? Couldn't check the posts for a while, ribbon cable is fine, btw, had it tested, i can't seem to find anything on the pcb either.