West Yorks, UK

hey all. i require a floppy with compactflash.device and fat32 / fat 95 drivers on it, so i can run software from a compactflash card.

i am in the uk, Halifax, West Yorkshire.

Please Halp. My good internet friend 8GB is out of the country so I thought id post a request on here. Tahnks!!

Milwaukee, WI

You can just set up a CF card as your internal HD via WINUAE and boot from that, assuming you're using a CF as internal drive (you should).

**typos**

Last edited by TSC (May 13, 2014 3:04 pm)

West Yorks, UK

i presume this is using ide to compact flash. I hadnt realised you didnt need the drivers that way, and was opting for the easier PCMCIA method. I just need a male to male ide adapter and I should be good to go in that case. Thanks TSC smile

I love your Amiga music by the way!

Last edited by Domu (May 13, 2014 8:43 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Thanks! It's always nice to hear. I certainly don't love making it all the time. wink

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing you'll need to keep in mind is the version of your kickstart. Are you on a 1200 or 600? What is your kickstart number?

Just format/install workbench w/ drivers on the CF via usb, pop it into the miggy via something like below (or similar) and you should be good to go/read from PCMCIA.

I had nothing but problems with CF card and my Amiga. I've only got one to work with the CF adapter.
So I just gave up and got a DSS8+.

Milwaukee, WI

Yeah, it's a ridiculous process. DSS8+ is awesome too!

West Yorks, UK

Is there any simple way (without more hardware) to determine if the serial port or parrallell port on my Mig is working?

Whenever I try to use the megamix master sampler in protracker 3, octamed 1 or technosound turbo, all I get is a huge clipped square / pulse in the record bin. (but then im unsure on how to use them; presumably Sampler>Sample (in protracker) should be doing the trick?)

Ive been told it is actually possible to fry the two ports by plugging the other type into the wrong port (ie serial into parrallel)
This is annoying as id read somewhere the sampler was a parrallel port one despite me presuming it would be serial. Urggh. Hesitant to buy more hardware now if its possibly the ports :s

Milwaukee, WI

I've ready it's possible as well, but I must be one lucky sonofabitch with all I've done to mine over the years.

I'm not of how you would test a port, but are you 100% certain the sampler is for the Amiga? I've run into buying Atari/PC samplers thinking they were Amiga due to form factor. (I don't think you're an idiot, just trying to cover all the bases) When you say Octamed 1, do you mean Octamed 4 or MED 1. Music on the Amiga can be really, really confusing during setup.

I'm not sure of Protracker because Octamed is better no matter what. wink

Milwaukee, WI

Also, you may want to open the sampler and check for any glaring errors/solder jobs.

West Yorks, UK

ive not seen reference to the same brand of sampler for the atari ST, and it came bundled with an amiga. Im certain it is indeed an amiga one.
By Octamed 1 I dont mean MED but a 1.x version of Octamed (came free on a coverdisk amiga format, "92 era)

Haha yes it can be confusing. Its taken me three years of indifferent fiddling to get where I am! But now have the bug.

See I hear this Octamed vs Protracker debate a lot. Why is Octamed obviously superior? Other than that amazing Arexx breakcore coding shit Ive seen from you (tutorial! Thats was incredible!)

uhhh tutorial? where!?

Milwaukee, WI

While I have coded Arexx to work for me, I've never done a tutorial. You might be thinking of systmcrsh?

Milwaukee, WI

Or this vid from hexadeci:

I really wish I could get CF working so I could use that nifty ReSample tool.

Milwaukee, WI

What's up with your CF again? Did I try helping or was I a dick?

Which tool was that?

Last edited by TSC (May 14, 2014 11:38 pm)

No haha, you tried to help me with the floppy situation.
I honestly think that its just the ones I've bought.
link 2 zee plugins

Last edited by DESUMATE (May 14, 2014 11:41 pm)