Chips & Dip :3
L-tron wrote:

I think what they're trying to say is that the arp you linked us to is a super simple, basic sound in LSDJ, and maybe you should learn the program more before asking questions like this. Anyhow I'm not trying to sound like a dick. I hear your music has a lot of potential and you have some good tunes! Keep on trackin! smile

I know how arps work, just that when I try to use them like she does it doesn't sound like her arp.

And yes I am very new to the program. I've had experience with Famitracker and FL Studio so it's a bit hard for me to get into a new system.

I've been doing this:
0C  ---
00  ---
0C  ---
00  ---
--   H00

calmdownkidder wrote:

She spent years of hard work, improving her craft over time - listen to her earlier stuff, it wasn't anywhere near as good as the new songs. Not meant as a diss, she's one of the UK's top acts, and with good reason. Practice, practice, practice.

I have her old stuff. I really love all of her albums and tracks! And I don't doubt that she didn't have those skills the instant she put her hands on a gameboy.

And yup! Practicing all day, 'eryday!

likeluke wrote:
likeluke wrote:

think i figured it out that sound for you:
env 8F
sweep 39
PW 25%

table
00 P69 OL
00 P49 OR
00 M17 OL
00 Z41 OR
00 H00 00

OH and the table automation thing has to be on

Huh really, a randomize command and automation?

I'll take a spin at it.

likeluke wrote:

PW 25%

Sorry if this is another newb question but PW?

likeluke wrote:

env 8F
sweep 39
PW 25%

table
00 P69 OL
00 P49 OR
00 M17 OL
00 Z41 OR
00 H00 00

Doesn't seem to work...

Last edited by metatronaut (May 16, 2014 7:20 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan
metatronaut wrote:

Ummmmmm what? XD

You should try asking Chipzel herself if she could give you the programming of her instrument.

If she doesn't give it to you, than that's that.

Generally it takes chiptune artists a great deal of time and hard work to create their own unique sound which includes programming of instruments in LSDj and combinations with filters and effects.

If an artist does not want to give their instrument programming, then that's it.

Buttering up the topic title praising the instrumentation doesn't change the fact that asking for the instrument programming of another artist can be looked down upon in smaller music communities like chiptune.

A great deal of the point of LSDj is to make your own instruments. Using other artists' instruments is a weird gray area.

It takes more than using instruments from good chiptune artists to make good chiptune music.

Also, PW is Pulse Width.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by katsumbhong (May 16, 2014 8:03 pm)

PA,USA

sounds like a C:cmd with some O:L/R. Make sure youre using the same octaves and notes as her or whatever too and mess around with it til you get it exactly the way you want by accident.

Thanks for the help guys!

I got some info in the LSDJ manual!

brooklyn!
metatronaut wrote:
likeluke wrote:

env 8F
sweep 39
PW 25%

table
00 P69 OL
00 P49 OR
00 M17 OL
00 Z41 OR
00 H00 00

Doesn't seem to work...

weird, which version of lsdj are you running? hardware or emulator?

likeluke wrote:
metatronaut wrote:

Doesn't seem to work...

weird, which version of lsdj are you running? hardware or emulator?

4.7.2 on a GBC

My DMG is being repaired.

Yo there's nothing wrong with asking how to get a certain sound and people use each other's instruments all the time without "being looked down upon," it just sometimes looks a little silly to ask because it's like asking "how do i get Slash's guitar tone" (which I still don't know, hmu)

The centered instrument in the intro sounds like a tabled octave jump. Throw some 0C's on dat bitch
The other instrument just sounds like a pulse panned left and right, lemme hear u say Oxx

The reason your instruments may sound different is because many things factor into the instrument settings, like the Tempo of your track will affect the tables

But the real thing is: you only have a few commands, a couple waveforms*, three positions of panning**, and 15 steps of volume***, so fuck around with random shit-you wont break anything and you may come up with cool sounds that other people will wonder how the hell you did them too!

- - -

* - yes i know this is a huge understatement; neckbeards = no
** - goddammit i know theres a way around this here too
*** - jesus dont make me get the hose

Last edited by an0va (May 16, 2014 9:05 pm)

When all else fails though, I personally like to throw a big HFF in one or two of my patterns for a great overall thick sound

- - -

accidental double post my b

Last edited by an0va (May 16, 2014 9:03 pm)

an0va wrote:

Yo there's nothing wrong with asking how to get a certain sound and people use each other's instruments all the time without "being looked down upon," it just sometimes looks a little silly to ask because it's like asking "how do i get Slash's guitar tone" (which I still don't know, hmu)

The centered instrument in the intro sounds like a tabled octave jump. Throw some 0C's on dat bitch
The other instrument just sounds like a pulse panned left and right, lemme hear u say Oxx

The reason your instruments may sound different is because many things factor into the instrument settings, like the Tempo of your track will affect the tables

But the real thing is: you only have a few commands, a couple waveforms*, three positions of panning**, and 15 steps of volume***, so fuck around with random shit-you wont break anything and you may come up with cool sounds that other people will wonder how the hell you did them too!

- - -

OMG due I love your stuff!

Anyways, thanks for the advice and I'll try out HFF!

Taichung, Taiwan
an0va wrote:

- - -

Can be looked down upon.

katsumbhong wrote:
an0va wrote:

- - -

Can be looked down upon.

(directed toward katsumbhong)
Who says I can't ask how to do something?

This is general discussion, not a youtube comment section.

And also, I may be new to the whole chiptune thing, but that doesn't mean you have to put me down just for asking.

Last edited by metatronaut (May 16, 2014 9:25 pm)

Northern Ireland

Hey!

The .sav was included in the digital copy of Spectra but I've just discovered that the link is broken. Here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8bpnyaoa6ql1 … ies.lsdsng