Chips & Dip :3

Hey all!

So just a question.

Has anyone managed to pull off chipzel's leads and arps (Tokyo Skies opening for example) in LSDJ?

I'd really like to incorporate them into my music 'cause I have a few places in some songs I'm making where it would work perfectly!

Thanks!

-Sam

Last edited by metatronaut (May 16, 2014 12:08 am)

Taichung, Taiwan

Ummmmm...

It sounds like a pulse instrument with C0C and an E command (to get the reverb effect) in the table. Could you cite with timing and a song what you are looking for? Ill have a go at making it then!

Adil Soubki wrote:

It sounds like a pulse instrument with C0C and an E command (to get the reverb effect) in the table. Could you cite with timing and a song what you are looking for? Ill have a go at making it then!

In the VERY beginning of Tokyo Skies from Spectra: http://chipzel.co.uk/track/tokyo-skies

The arps that change from left to right output is what I'm looking for.

And then at 0:24 there's a lead that comes in.

I've had trouble with making leads for a while and some of my songs have suffered from the fate of having bad leads.

Reverb/delay and pretty simple instruments/arps. yea either C0C or a table with some sort of 0c/00 transposition with an H command.

Sweeeeeeden
metatronaut wrote:

https://metatronaut.bandcamp.com
(^^^Please support my latest album!^^^)

nitro2k01 wrote:
metatronaut wrote:

https://metatronaut.bandcamp.com
(^^^Please support my latest album!^^^)

Oh sorry!

I'll remove it!

L-tron wrote:

Reverb/delay and pretty simple instruments/arps. yea either C0C or a table with some sort of 0c/00 transposition with an H command.

That's the thing though, I've been using 0C on the transpose column and it doesn't have the same effect.

Make a table and experiment using the H command and the transpose column. This is how you achieve/program arpeggios. Also I recommend reading the LSDJ manual. You'll learn or relearn tons of things you didn't know, or forgot about. I need to read that thing again one of these days. Also, just browsed through your album. Nice compositions. sounding good. Keep experimenting with tables more.

Last edited by L-tron (May 16, 2014 1:17 am)

buffalo, NY
katsumbhong wrote:

Ummmmm...

L-tron wrote:

Make a table and experiment using the H command and the transpose column. This is how you achieve/program arpeggios. Also I recommend reading the LSDJ manual. You'll learn or relearn tons of things you didn't know, or forgot about. I need to read that thing again one of these days. Also, just browsed through your album. Nice compositions. sounding good. Keep experimenting with tables more.

Thanks! I'll definitely check out that manual!

danimal cannon wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

Ummmmm...

Ummmmmm what? XD

I think what they're trying to say is that the arp you linked us to is a super simple, basic sound in LSDJ, and maybe you should learn the program more before asking questions like this. Anyhow I'm not trying to sound like a dick. I hear your music has a lot of potential and you have some good tunes! Keep on trackin! smile

Liverpool, UK

She spent years of hard work, improving her craft over time - listen to her earlier stuff, it wasn't anywhere near as good as the new songs. Not meant as a diss, she's one of the UK's top acts, and with good reason. Practice, practice, practice.

brooklyn!

think i figured it out that sound for you:
env 8F
sweep 39
PW 25%

table
00 P69 OL
00 P49 OR
00 M17 OL
00 Z41 OR
00 H00 00

brooklyn!