Toronto, Ontario, Canada

http://vimeo.com/10692284

Check it out.

lolusa

WOAH

wow that is really cool

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

that must be an amazingly expensive projector!

New York City
xero wrote:

Huh?

That's a run off the mill projector.

This technique is called mapping and it's been out there for long enough to be the most abused little bitch of the world of visuals of today.
This one in particular is not extremely interesting. Far from "truly creative".

akira^8GB wrote:
xero wrote:

Huh?

That's a run off the mill projector.

This technique is called mapping and it's been out there for long enough to be the most abused little bitch of the world of visuals of today.
This one in particular is not extremely interesting. Far from "truly creative".

idk...
i have actually tried "this" (not even as close to similar) with some of the projectors here at work,
i abandoned the project since it looked horrible on even our best projector.

but i do have to agree...
this isnt really "truly creative", but still a "very well done" presentation.
especially the city part at the end.

Last edited by xero (May 18, 2010 6:24 pm)

New York City
xero wrote:

i have actually tried "this" (not even as close to similar) with some of the projectors here at work,
i abandoned the project since it looked horrible on even our best projector.

Office projectors are never to be used seriously for visuals.
You always need a better grade projector... but that's standard fare for proferssional VJing wink

akira^8GB wrote:

a run off the mill projector

!=

akira^8GB wrote:

a better grade projector

but i do agree that VJs must need the top of the line.

Last edited by xero (May 18, 2010 6:33 pm)

New York City

Run off the mill, as i said, for professional VJing.
A proper Sony projector at 3000aL should do the trick. That's pretty run off the mill.

Milwaukee, WI

Hey look! Akira's being edgy again! wink

California

run of the mill creativity WAAAAAA.

Unsubscribe
RG wrote:

Hey look! Akira's being edgy again! wink

Hey Look! RG etc..

Akira is always "edgy" as you put it, or confrontational, as I would put it... but that's just his ...charm?

IL, US

akira is correct though about this not being a new technique really, thus maybe not living up to the "truly creative" as part of the title...and id think of this more as video art (was this shown as an installation? looks like it) which isnt quite the same as visuals (which is a subtle difference with a blurry line)
edit: sorry to be a nitpicker, just that i got my degree for video art mostly, so ill be picky about it until the student loans are paid off in (checks dates)...2017? fuckkkkkkkk..... sad

Well, in the end, anyway, it's cool to know that, and I never doubted what Akira stated, but can't a dude just share something he thought was cool without getting any flak?  I mean just because a technique is old doesn't mean it doesn't have merit (like take for example, making music with a tracker.  Not exactly fresh...) and I don't think it's unreasonable that your average person doesn't know everything about the specifics of projectors related to VJing, right?

I guess my point in "taking a stand" here tongue is that it seems kinda often that Akira is a bit harsh and I'm confused what he gains from it.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

The city part blew me away