Virginia, US
MaxDolensky wrote:

By trying to cater to so many things you will drown this project and overwhelm yourself. I am not saying you should make it open source, but it may be a good idea to make this thing expandable so that people can develop their own solutions to their own problems in their workflows.

You are exactly right; I should keep that in mind as I gather general ideas. Expandability goes with modularity, which I am getting peoples' opinion on here.

godinpants wrote:

It should have an airhorn button and a lowpass filter.

I can, with about 90% certainty, say that the Square will have an onboard LPF. Not too sure about the airhorn button though...

herr_prof wrote:

Or make it expandable, but only focus on your own aspect, and leave it as a platform to explore for others.

This is what I am going for and it has always been my philsophy.

Virginia, US

Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't been updating survey questions lately. I got really caught up in a concept idea. Goes something like this.

The main problem or lack with software like LSDJ and LGPT is the inability of improvisation. The Square will have the portability and power of the Game Boy with the freedom of the Korg Monotron.

Maybe you get "bursts" of inspiration and you want to quickly lay down some notes on the go. Maybe you just want to show off to people that you can make "video game sounding" music. Or maybe during an event, you're feeling the beat and you want to step away from your gig setup and just start senselessly headbanging / jamming it out.

The Square will let you do all of this and more.

This is just part of the idea. I'll put up the rest later...maybe along with some concept drawings.

Virginia, US

Hey Guys,

Been working on getting some 3D renders up because my sketching skills may not be up to par. Also, I just confirmed some features.

-- Monophonic/Polyphonic keyboard
-- Choose from pulse, triangle, and sawtooth oscillators
-- LP/HP filter
-- 3.5mm and 1/4'' audio out jacks

In consideration we have:
-- Slide ribbon for portmanteau
-- Custom waveforms (like LSDJ)
-- Band pass and band rejection filters

Turku, FIN

Thumbs up for slide ribbon!