thieveland ohio

Hi we are about to release our first ep on 06-01. We wanted to make available the source files for people to download and remix. There are a couple of different options for file formats. I am trying to take an informal poll so you choices are...ableton live, garageband, wave files of loops, or other.

Philly, PA, USA

why not release all of them? i know some people use ableton but a lot don't. some people use garage band, but many more don't.
wavs would work for pretty much everyone though

PDX

I think the Wav stems are a must.

If you are feeling saucy, include Ableton Live and Garageband/Logic files. I have never used those programs, but this seems to be the trend.

New York City

Separated channel wavs with a BPM denomination is what one would normally use, instead of specific programs.
If I worked with Ableton I throw in the ALS file for good measure but this is not usual or a must.

Last edited by akira^8GB (May 19, 2010 4:00 pm)

Los Angeles
akira^8GB wrote:

Separated channel wavs with a BPM denomination is what one would normally use, instead of specific programs.
If I worked with Ableton I throw in the ALS file for good measure but this is not usual or a must.

I second that motion

Chicago IL

yeah unless you're running a promotion with a software company there's no reason to do anything besides separated .wav tracks

thieveland ohio

looks like .wavs it is!

Adelaide, Australia

yay!