Michigan
yesyesohgodyes wrote:

Nickname an exgirlfriend gave me. I think its catchy.

Dude, this post wins the internet.

imaginary wrote:

In the end it's only an alias, but it's something that I can really stand behind as representative of who I am.

This is exactly the type of name I'm shooting for.

Anybody out there named Nestalgic?

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:28 pm)

I thought I was being clever by using the antonym of an archangel. But not only is it already a thing... I also spelled it wrong.

Then I realized Castlevania already did this. And with the same spelling. And it's totally related to video games.

Quintiple Fail

Madison, Alabama

Mine is just the email handle I've been using since 2003. I signed up for 8bc using it, so when I started posting chiptunes there it automatically became my stage name.

The origin is the name I wanted on hotmail was taken and I randomly asked my friend if he'd rather be an octopoid or a roboctopus. he answered "roboctopus" so I went with that. I've been signing up for internet sites using it ever since. 

So, yeah, not much thought went into my name. I'm cool with it though.

San Diego

I can't help but think of the old Lucas candy when I see your name. Reference image for those that can't remember it.

Seattle, WA

So it turns out the shittiest pokemon item also has the coolest name.

California

My username is just a dumb acronym I made when I was a little kid. It also used to be my artist name until 2 years ago when the founders of Depeche Mode, Vince Clarke and Martin Gore, decided to use their initials as the name for their reunion project.

My new name, Vince Kaichan, was made in a panic by translating my real name from English to Russian to Japanese and back to English.

UK, Leicester

I think I just liked the sound of it. I wanted to make sure I used a different name from my 8bc account because I was a shitty kid there

Minneapolis, MN

It's an acronym: the end of music as we know it

It's kinda stupid xP

my name is token because this account is a token

my other cm.o account is lost

Arad, Romania

This topic has been done at least once before.

I used to go by the nickname Nightmare on 8bc (my first name is Cristian, and the last four letters read backwards spell like the word "night", so I instantly thought of "nightmare"). It sounded good at the time but it didn't fit the kind of music I wanted to make and it was a word that I thought was too common.

My current nickname is "qb". The spelling is supposed to be identical to the word "cube". It was inspired by a dream that I had of a large floating cube. It's one of my most memorable dreams from my childhood, but that original meaning doesn't inspire the music I make in general. I also like it for its simplicity and the two letters look identical but at the same time they seem to be polar opposites, kind of like men and women are (they are both part of the human species and they are different in many ways, but they go well together).

Last edited by qb (Jun 14, 2014 10:52 pm)

Unsubscribe

Won it in a truth telling contest

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Oct 11, 2021 7:19 pm)

Puerto Rico

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/12449 … -with-them
We had a similar thread a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away; but basically I chose something that meant something to me, kind of, and also made sure it sounded cool, kind of, and foreign, kind of; and then made sure nobody on the internet was using it because back when I was edgy I used "kernel panic"; which neither meant something to me, sounded cool, or foreign, or was not taken.

It backfired because nobody can ever remember it. Kind of like my music.

West Yorks, UK

Kernel Sanders perhaps?

West Yorks, UK

i bet this is a name in 48 hours...