Matthew Joseph Payne
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

It also used to be my handle on Marathon.

Dude wait, have we bumped into each other before? I've been kineticturtle/Kinetic Turtle for a long-ass-time in the marathon/aleph one world. Just got started playing again too...

Arad, Romania
Bit wish wrote:
qb wrote:

This topic has been done at least once before.

I used to go by the nickname Nightmare on 8bc (my first name is Cristian, and the last four letters read backwards spell like the word "night", so I instantly thought of "nightmare"). It sounded good at the time but it didn't fit the kind of music I wanted to make and it was a word that I thought was too common.

That's funny because my other music project is called NIGHTMARES, and "cube" was my original name on steam.

Cool. I was going to go with "Cube" but it's too common. Even the "qb" nickname is taken already from what I remember.

Santa Cruz, California
kineticturtle wrote:
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

It also used to be my handle on Marathon.

Dude wait, have we bumped into each other before? I've been kineticturtle/Kinetic Turtle for a long-ass-time in the marathon/aleph one world. Just got started playing again too...

I suppose it's possible. I haven't played Marathon in about 9 years. Started playing in '95-'96... People bitch about lag now; but they never lived through dial-up patches and dedicated (but busy) LAN servers in an office building.

Matthew Joseph Payne
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

I haven't played Marathon in about 9 years. Started playing in '95-'96... People bitch about lag now; but they never lived through dial-up patches and dedicated (but busy) LAN servers in an office building.

YES - this was my world too. What was that LAN over modem software called? I did that for 2-player Marathon 1 too many times. It was terrible, but the only way to scratch the itch at the time.

I recommend checkingout Aleph One and the community it has now - there's a lot of great content from the intervening years.

Michigan

Well, it looks like I'll be changing my name to Infodrive. My new bad ass friend, Imaginary, suggested the name and we felt it had a good fit to my personality and life. So, there it is. I am now Infodrive.

Thanks for all your responses, you rad bastards!

Lexington, KY

How I picked my name was I figured Deadmau5 was popular and he was "Adjective/Animal" so....

Michigan
Solarbear wrote:

How I picked my name was I figured Deadmau5 was popular and he was "Adjective/Animal" so....

Its a pretty basic variable in the equations; the name of an animal. tongue
I made the mistake of not choosing an animal, but I suppose I associate with wolves. Wolf girls to be more specific, but I am not a wolf girl. Heh...

I chose my name 10 years ago at the age of 14 when I started playing NeoPets. Look me up... or bite me.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:28 pm)

Michigan
Feryl wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Wolf girls to be more specific, but I am not a wolf girl. Heh...

Damn, you beat me to the Princess Mononoke reference. Nice work!

Playboy Man-Baby
DeerPresident wrote:

It's more of a basement name than a "stage" name, but whatever, I think it's still on topic.

Only kind that really matters. Chiptune was downright born for basement house shows.

Victory Road wrote:

... without realising it's been taken for 20+ years...

google?

Youngstown, OH

I like making music that's sleepy/weird and my name is Jesse so there ya go

Brooklyn, New York

I was eating instant ramen and writing a paper one night and I was joking to my friend about how I'd drop out of school and start a rap career under the name Flow Mein.

Last edited by Flow Mein (Jun 22, 2014 12:56 am)

Spokane, WA

So I was playing Wolfenstein 3d on this custom windows 96 that my uncle had made. This thing had been passed from family member to family member. Played amongst family and friends of family and what not. And I finally beat chapter one. I was seven or so, and it was the only the computer I'd ever owned to that point. So I was putting my name in the high score and someone's ID was Stone the Ice Man. So I adopted it, added the '93 to it and made it mine. I've been using it for Arcade and Online ever since.

Spokane, WA

-and stage big_smile

The Rubber Man

I mentioned about it somewhere but it was so long ago.
Hence -

my friend wrote a SF story once, about a peasant called "Yerzmyey" (hahah). The peasant was mowing wheat, one day. And suddenly the wheat cried and screamed: "Yerzmyey, ah Yerzmyey, why are you mowing me???!?? It hurts me so much!!"
But Yerzmyey was inexorable and impassive - and he continued to mow the wheat.
So the wheat attacked Yerzmyey - and ate him.
THE END.

And hence is my nickname. smile

Goodnight, children.