Santa Cruz, California

I just got another Master System.
It works.
I didn't have the 8 pin monstrosity RCA cable to plug into the back of my tv, so I did a simple composite out mod.
The mod doesn't work.
I get a couple flashes of black and colorful bars, plus the first few notes of "Hang On" and then the signal stops.
Any thoughts?
The RF still works.
Is it an issue with my TV?

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

My guess would be the 'mod' isn't working and/or not installed correct. If the RF still works then the video generator is working. If you're unsure of your TV, try a different TV.
Good luck, yogi

Santa Cruz, California

I've gone through it half a dozen times, and I can't figure out where I made a mistake (seriously; it three wires and a pair of RCA ports).
Tried it in the tv downstairs, same result. Has good audio, but no video, and then the sound goes to shit when I plug the video in.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Well i can't me much help, I don't have a Master Sys. But have modded Nes and Atari consoles, and if a working system won't work after I mod it then is't something I've done.
I can't tell much from your photos, what you need to check is the circuit/mod you put into the case and where you are tapping the video signals from. It really sounds like you have a wrong connection to the mother board, just a guess.
yogi

Santa Cruz, California

Never mind. I had the polarity wrong.
I'm a moron.
/thread

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

smile Yea it's always the little things
yogi