Malapascua, phillipines

I got a game boy pocket about 4 weeks ago . And I noticed that lsdj kills the battery's within an hour . Is there any good battery's that won't kill my game boy pocket so I don't have to carry a dmg everywhere and get "the stare" or run to the store every 6 hours

hiding under your bed
nitro pulse wrote:

kills the battery's within an hour

nitro pulse wrote:

run to the store every 6 hours

6 hours seems more likely, but I've never had a pocket die on me after an hour of playtime.
What brand batteries are you using? The generic crap they sell at dollar tree?
I used to always use either duracell or energizer but I finally bought some rechargable energizers last year and haven't had to buy any more batteries since.

Malapascua, phillipines

Yeah I was thinking of trying out rechargeables my current brand is japaneese TOY r US battery's and they're hard to come across . Espessialy at thrift stores

Boise, ID
nitro pulse wrote:

"the stare"

Whateverville, California

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but can't you just use an ac adapter? As a kid I always carried an extra set of batteries in my gameboy case.

Malapascua, phillipines
Imaginary wrote:

ac adapter?

well yeah but i like to carry my gameboy to use at my lunch table and id prefer to use my pocket and it doesn't look as buldgey as my dmg. and the adapters are harder to come across for it.

Screw everyone else.  You aren't interfering with them, so who cares what they think, or if they are staring.  Take the DMG if it works out better for you.

Boise, ID

I embrace the stare tongue

Is the stare what I think it is, as mentioned in my post?

Minneapolis

If it was me, I'd probably do a li-po mod, but I know not everybody can do that. But it's a pretty good option.

Just for the record, writing chipmusic at the lunch table is dope. Bring battery powered speakers and be like "Look dudes, I have a pocket EDM creator right here" then hit play. All those kids will forget about their boring lives and fly with you into a magical world of 8-bit dance parties and not giving a fuck.

Or something.

Boise, ID
Imaginary wrote:

Just for the record, writing chipmusic at the lunch table is dope. Bring battery powered speakers and be like "Look dudes, I have a pocket EDM creator right here" then hit play. All those kids will forget about their boring lives and fly with you into a magical world of 8-bit dance parties and not giving a fuck.

Or something.

There's truth to that.

Get yourself some good rechargeable batteries. smile They will save you a lot of money in the long run.

Malapascua, phillipines

@imaginary thanks man! big_smile
I actually do have some battery powered speakers . CHIP BRK OUT.

ShintarouMusic wrote:

I embrace the stare tongue

Word to this too. Try drunkenly pulling out your pokewalker at the cowboy fightin' bar in a backwater town of 1200 people. Most people will just assume it's a phone, but one dude my age was quietly like "Bulbasaur is the best starter, huh man." I gave him two thumbs up. He nodded. Life is cool.