Malapascua, phillipines

im sick of copying down the notes from my gb to my emulator i always hear how people connect there gameboys to there pc to record . how do i do that. do i have to have like a certain software or wire to do so?
(ps:  i would transfer the sav from my 64m cart to my pc if the usb part wasnt melted off so dont ask about that)

Los Angeles, CA

Any way to get gameboy into a computer would be a hardware issue.  Do you have an audio in on your computer?  If not, you should look for a usb audio interface to record stuff with.

Madison, Alabama

Any DAW will do for recording audio. For free you can use Audacity or Reaper. (Reaper has more options).

Basically, plug your game boy into the mic input of your computer.  Probably, this will sound bad and be noisy, haha. Like Mr. Wimmer said, it would help if you had a recording interface. USB audio interfaces are pretty reasonable cost-wise. I use an old MIA MIDI card on my desktop computer.

BUT...the cheapest option would probably be getting a new 64m cart so you can bounce your .sav from the cart to the computer at will and just exporting the audio from BGB, if you want to go cheap.

Malapascua, phillipines

Oh plug in to my mic port? Like using an aux and it actually will work? It seems like a good idea.

Michigan

Not the mic, line-in. Mic will most likely be mono and amplified, which you won't want. If you don't have a line-in, then you'll have to settle for the mic I guess. I get the feeling you're on a laptop.

IL, US

most newer laptops seem to only have a dual-purpose mic/line combo jack, the amplification for a mic can be turned on and off in the OS (and the combo jacks tend to be stereo, not mono)

New Zealand

lol

Playboy Man-Baby

Yeah, the ideal option is an external USB audio interface of some sort.

Riverside, CA

No one's been able to figure it out. Every chiptune is actually FL Studio fakebit.

IL, US
The Silph Scope wrote:

No one's been able to figure it out. Every chiptune is actually FL Studio fakebit.

untrue... some of us use renoise

France (au milieu)

I use my Zoom H2 as USB audio interface, then > audacity, 1 line per canal.

works quite well, but I'm getting fed up with audacity's bugs and shite effect range...

so

Reaper. (Reaper has more options).

I might give this a chance, then...

the advantage of the H2 is to be able to extract a quick .Wave or .mp3 anytime, anywhere, or become the external sound card of any pc or labtop ''on the go''...

Malapascua, phillipines
The Silph Scope wrote:

No dude some people use an onscreen sound recorder

Last edited by nitro pulse (Jun 23, 2014 12:25 pm)