Hey, I'm having a lot of difficulty installing the drivers for my EMS cart. It might not be the drivers but this is my analysis of the cart.

A.) It is able to connect to my Mac. When I use the ems flasher for mac, it easily detects the cartridge and attempts to write the rom onto the cart. However, when i boot up lsdj for the first time, it glitches for a second and blanks out.

B.) My Windows will respond to it being plugged into the usb port by making the drive detected sound twice. If I open up GB USB it says that the device is disconnected. I'm pretty sure its not the usb ports because i am able to use my flash drives and audio interfaces with it easily.

C.) I have tried an insane amount of cables, so I'm pretty sure it not an issue on the cables part. and before anyone asks, no the cart is not in my dmg when i connect it to the computer

So if anybody could help me, id really appreciate it.

Thanks! (T-T)b

Playboy Man-Baby

You've gotta compile it, sign the driver for the cart, or disable driver signature enforcement.

The mac tutorial is here: http://chainsaw.musho.org/stuff/ems-on-mac/

For Windows, I can guide you through it if you tell me which version of Windows you're using.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Jun 24, 2014 10:16 am)

Thanks! I'm working off of windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

Playboy Man-Baby
nintendro boy wrote:

Thanks! I'm working off of windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

Oh that's even easier!

Here ya go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrdoX8SHFL8

The Pacific Ocean

Does anyone know how to use it with windows 8?

Seattle, WA
Payday wrote:

Does anyone know how to use it with windows 8?

Just run virtualbox windows xp. Took me like half an hour to get working.

The Pacific Ocean

I'll give it a shot, thanks

Playboy Man-Baby
Payday wrote:

I'll give it a shot, thanks

Not necessary. I run GBUSB on Windows 8. Go to Settings, then Change PC Settings at the bottom of the bar, hit General, scroll down to Advanced Startup and hit restart, go to troubleshoot and hit startup settings. Windows 8 will restart. Then hit f7 (it tells you which F keys do what) and it'll highlight "disable driver signature enforcement" and you'll be good. Windows always leaves the option to disable it in, no matter what.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Jul 4, 2014 7:57 am)