Ohio

I did not see this coming so soon after the M-01 release.  Something for the DS-10/DS-10+ crowd.

http://www.ds10forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2759

Also a nice post from Create Digital Music.

According to this post on DS-10 Forum, the game is already out in Japan. It'll be out in September for NA and EU.

I can't wait to hear what comes out of this.

IL, US

interesting, might actually give me a reason to finally think about buying a 3ds in the future if i like the way it sounds

Baja California

looks like a mix between ds-10 and m-01.

Puerto Rico

Aw man, with a capture card, this could make for some nice visuals.

vancouver, canada

very, very excited about this release.  it looks as though DETUNE has been playing closer attention to the DS-10 community's feedback.  some things that i've noticed:

- just being in a digital-only release format (like the M01D) is HUGE.  this means that updates and bugfixes become relatively trivial based on the emerging needs and trends of the community.

- composing looks like it'll become easier as it seems to have borrowed much of the same copy/paste functionality that the M01 had.  scrolling i guess will be done primarly via the circle pad, which allows for a two-handed approach to navigation.  the DS-10 used to have tiny scrollbars that made it kinda difficult to scroll through this kind of data.

- the DS-10 had 16 patterns of song data; the DSN-12 has basically 4x this amount in the form of 4 banks of 16.  not quite as much space as M01 tracks had, but still much more comfortable amount of breathing room, and it's clear that DETUNE recognized that many people weren't using the DS-10 as a glorified MPC, but instead, as a means to try crafting full-blown compositions.

- from this, It seems the live pattern mode will be much more flexible.  the DS-10 allowed only one pattern to be launched at a time; the DSN-12 has what looks like the ability to launch 4 patterns simultaneously, one from each bank of A/B/C/D.  the "lock" button, as before, queues pattern changes until the end of the current pattern, but i wonder if the mute/solo buttons will also get queued?

- the oscilloscope is most likely just for show but it's one of the coolest 3d gimmicks i've seen.  very few 3DS games allow such direct control over what's happening on the screen.  and like Xurlik said, hopefully this opens the door for more possibilities with visuals.

- MUCH finer control over effects.  for the DS-10 you could only choose one of delay, flanger or chorus and you had to apply that one effect to some combination of the 2 synth channels.  for the DSN-12, it looks like you can set 3 different FX "sends".  the first two allow you to choose between 5 different effects;  the third is always a reverb but you can choose between 5 different kinds of reverb.   you can activate, per channel, any combination of the 3 FX sends on the mixer screen:

- you can now set the tempo / pattern length per-pattern, whereas before it was only a song-level property.

- it's too bad they couldn't figure out a way to implement some kind of MML-like representation of note data, like they did with the iYM2151.  i understand though if that introduces an unwanted level of complexity; still, it would have been nice for the option to be there to dig down deeper and have finer control over the note data to do pitchbends and vibratos more easily.  (or maybe the functionality IS there but hasn't been revealed yet?)

Last edited by bryface (Jun 26, 2014 6:39 pm)

South UK

I LOVED playing with DS-10, but found it too limited for any real sequencing. I had high hopes for M01D, but not being able to play with the sounds limited me in different ways - even if the actual composition side was way more robust.

This looks like the best of both worlds, and I'll definitely be purchasing it, even if I barely end up using it. Detune deserve my money just for doing things like this

YES! YES! YES!

I knew that there were MUCH more potential in the 3DS than the minor M01D update they released on the eshop!

I loved the DS10 for the sounds and all tweak possibilities. But the sequencer was unconfortable and I wanted more freedom regarding effects...

I loved the M01 for the sequencer! But the sound was rather boring..

This is best of both worlds!! smile

All the things i emailed Detune about seems to be included in this thing smile

Detune has listened to the fans!

I will buy it first day for sure smile

Turku, FIN

I hope they fix the drums, then this will be sik!

france

Twenty minute video.
It's like a mix of M1 and DS10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kngka9C1Fcs

- the oscilloscope is most likely just for show but it's one of the coolest 3d gimmicks i've seen.  very few 3DS games allow such direct control over what's happening on the screen.  and like Xurlik said, hopefully this opens the door for more possibilities with visuals.

I build my sounds visually first instead of by ear to have a quick idea what direction I need to match sounds, this will help me match sound better with the oscilloscope in wave mode.

Los Angeles, CA

If you guys are into 3DS software now, you should also give my program Rhythm Core Alpha 2 a shot. It is about 1/4 the price and actually has some advanced features that none of the other programs have. More voices, more patterns, the ability to change key of sequences live, buttons reprogrammable to jump around in the song live, lots of options for soloing, on-screen druming, some unique synthesis options, tons of great sounds. It's like $10 and you can get it in the eShop right now...

South UK

I've actually had your software on my watchlist for months... Just always been unsure about a purchase. The purist in me is unlikely to use it (much like the Korg software - bought both, barely used either, and definitely not live)... The eShop description made it sound a bit "ejay", if you know what I mean.

Just checked your site though and it looks much more useful than i first thought -will invest when I next top up my account!

Turku, FIN

This should be out tomorrow on EU.

Has anyone put it to good use yet? Any good demos anywhere?

What what?

Can't wait to get my hands on this over here in NA. Anyone in EU tried it out yet? It's been out over there for about a week if I'm not mistaken.
Anyone have good things to say about it?

Vancouver, Canada

According to Nobuyoshi Sano (CEO of Detune Ltd) on Twitter, DSN-12 will be out in North America in 2-3 weeks:  https://twitter.com/sanodg/status/517787109298819072

Dunno why it took Nintendo so insanely longer to approve it on NA after it already went through on EU/JP so much earlier...  >_<

Joliette, QC, Canada
matecha wrote:

According to Nobuyoshi Sano (CEO of Detune Ltd) on Twitter, DSN-12 will be out in North America in 2-3 weeks:  https://twitter.com/sanodg/status/517787109298819072

Dunno why it took Nintendo so insanely longer to approve it on NA after it already went through on EU/JP so much earlier...  >_<

Maybe it's an obligation to pass the game/software ESRB rating even if it's stupid ! tongue