Minneapolis, MN

I was just wondering if there would be a way to use a power glove to control a game boy DMG, I know the NES and Game Boy hookups are different and everything,
But I just wanted to know if this would be a possibility, or f anyone had tried this!
big_smile

I suppose you could hook up the Power Glove's NES buttons in the same way as you would a regular NES controller.  As for the finger controls, I imagine you could use a microcontroller to read the data (which I understand is digital coming from the Glove) and translate it into something useful.

Unsubscribe

You can barely control a nes with a powerglove

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:52 am)

Sweeeeeeden
Crashmast wrote:

I'm not sure why you'd want a Power Glove, because it's kind of a piece of shit and doesn't work very well, as stated above, but it's your decision and I'm not here to ask questions.

(Mumbles something about looking cool on stage.)

UK, Leicester
herr_prof wrote:

You can barely control a nes with a powerglove

zing

South Korea
nitro2k01 wrote:

.....looking cool on stage.....

But isn't that why we have HAIRSTYLES and spaz-dancing?

Minneapolis, MN

I mainly wanted to maybe use the finger sensors, not motion.

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:49 am)

CA

It would be cool to repurpose it to do something else, like control pitch mode, or trigger LSDJ notes in keyboard mode or activate LEDs in a certain way...

lolusa

http://www.instructables.com/id/Hacking-a-Powerglove/ looks like a fun project. I'd imagine this giving some insight into the hardware communications