Detroit, Michigan

So I accidentally dropped my GP2x yesterday and now my Piggy => Midi is having issues connecting. The weight from the cord alone being plugged in is making it not connect. When i hold the cord up the connection is being made but it's far too unreliable to write music/play shows with. Is there anything I can do? Would anyone want to trade GP2xs if you dont use the ext port?

Unsubscribe

you could always solder the pins directly to the connector? Id just grab another samsung data cable to do the hacking with in case you futz it up and end up getting another unit.

Detroit, Michigan

So essentially grabbing another data cable then soldering to the connectors inside then dremel out a new hole for the wire to come out? Is there somewhere I can find which pins are supposed to be soldered to the connector?

São Paulo, Brazil

I haven't used my gp2x midi>>piggy in a while, but it always gave me the worst headaches. That's why I'm slowly entering the Fantastic World Of Raspberry Piggy Pie.

Detroit, Michigan

Mine worked perfect up until I dropped it sad  if I cant get it to work I think might just convert everything into ableton

Edinburgh

I have this exact problem. Still use the GP2X for shows, but spend whole time worrying the connection is going to die. Like Pulselooper, I'm moving toward Pi piggy instead for reliable midi use. Although I really wish someone with necessary skills would make PSP midi a reality sad

Unsubscribe

heh im about to move back to gp2x midi from pi because its not very portable... hopefully somone makes a gb laser case for the pi that supports shoulder pads someday big_smile

West Yorks, UK

i get horrible screen buzz everytime i try to use piggy to midi. always done it.(f200). anyone want to temporarily trade me another gp2x for mine so i can try troubleshoot please?

Detroit, Michigan
Domu wrote:

i get horrible screen buzz everytime i try to use piggy to midi. always done it.(f200). anyone want to temporarily trade me another gp2x for mine so i can try troubleshoot please?

Do you use a power supply when using your gp2x? That happens when I run the unit on batteries

West Yorks, UK

Ah! No I have had a hard time finding a suitable UK power supply! They are incredibly easy to break with the wrong power supply so im told,
For the same reason my cradle has had next to no use sad
Thanks muchly for the information though!

IL, US

i have a power supply that it looks like i'll be selling, as my gp2x's sd slot no longer works.. don't have the UK plug, but that part is a seperate cable anyway, a standard one with the end that plugs into the supply looking like this

Minneapolis
herr_prof wrote:

heh im about to move back to gp2x midi from pi because its not very portable... hopefully somone makes a gb laser case for the pi that supports shoulder pads someday big_smile

That sounds like fun, actually. I don't know enough about piggy to know what would need to be built, but when I have my laser up and running again I might have a play about with it.

Unsubscribe

Just support a PSP style case and youll be fine!

IL, US

bonus if it fits those nice little tft touchscreens too

hardcore, Australia

deleted

Last edited by godinpants (May 14, 2020 10:37 pm)

West Yorks, UK

what i want to know bout Pi is, if i  have an lcd "shield" connected, can i still access the GPIO pins to use buttons (emulating keystrokes to control lgpt/ raspian)?!?! if not can i connect easily an lcd that does not sit on top of the pi. is there much difference in the difficulty of setting the two up?

**to clarify i dont want to use the hdmi/ composite out of the pi, nor the usb for inputs such as the buttons i mention. my intention is to build a battery powered pi enclosure mimicing the gp2x, featuring 10 buttons for dpad / face/ shoulder buttons, hooked up to the gpio pins, emulating/ generating keystrokes via python with an lcd screen hooked into that little display pi port, or gpio if such a thing would work. a gp2x, with decent dpad, and support for many audio / midi interfaces would be the bomb. I dont get why yall love PSP so much. GP2X kills it, but is a pain in the arse on so many levels.

Last edited by Domu (Nov 12, 2014 5:55 pm)