Taichung, Taiwan

How's it going everyone.

I've recently moved from the US to Taiwan and will be in the market very soon for a few monitors.

I was wondering if anyone knew any models of flat screen monitors or television screens that support composite in that are still being produced. I would prefer something in the 22" range and above if they even exist.

To my understanding, composite in and VGA are both "analog" and I would be very hard pressed to find a computer monitor with both composite in and HDMI, while I might have more luck in the television screen market.

The only reason I ask is that I would like to use the monitor(s) for both my NES/SNES/C64 and an external monitor for my computer.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gosford, Australia

most new computer monitors still have VGA in (they like to call it "d-sub" just to be confusing :v), and composite to VGA adapters aren't terribly expensive... though i don't know if the end result looks any good!

Just buy an LCD TV then smile
99% of the modern ones have hdmi, vga and RCA (Composite)!
Plus the panel inside is generally of higher quality than the ones you find in cheap monitors.

Medina, Ohio

This guy is what you are probably looking for.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications … CatId=4717

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Another option is to get a USB composite capture device. You could then use VLC to display your NES video on whichever screen you'd like.

EDIT: I got one from Roxio that only cost about $40, does composite or S-Video and stereo audio. The software it came with is garbage but I use it with VLC and it works great with no noticeable latency and the added benefits of portability (paired with a laptop) and of course easy video capture if I need it.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Aug 2, 2014 11:41 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan

Thanks a lot guys!!! I will go agead and start hunting this weekend for pricing here.

Montreal, Canada

I got a 20" Dell 2007FP here that's pretty cool for that. Has Composite and S-Video. You can get them pretty cheap if you find one on the Bay of E's.

this one:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/monito … h-4_8.html