Brighton, England

I've been trying for about half an hour to screw this case shut (it's the black case from apeshit) and it just won't close all the way. There's always a millimetre or so that hasn't closed. It's just the final few triwing screws and I'm really not sure where the problem is coming from. Everything on the inside has fit in rather nicely, and I can't see anything sticking out further than it should be. Any help?

USA

Take pictures.

Brighton, England
SurfaceDragon wrote:

Take pictures.

Done.

http://i.imgur.com/BEtSjuZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2Fwvdt1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8mnNxPm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yOxLicD.jpg

Bad lighting in here so sorry about that. I think this shows what I mean.

USA

Were you holding the two halves of the case firmly together while putting the screws in?

Abandoned on Fire

Possibly your screw holes are stripped out.  With the case open, screw one into a hole and then see if you can easily pull it back out with your fingers.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:25 am)

Brighton, England
Apeshit wrote:

Is the gameboy modded? It seems like something is blocking the case from closing all the way.

The case should comfortably close with all the internal parts in place, then have the screws inserted.

P.S. You bought this case from ASM Retro, not Apeshit. I don't operate the shop. wink

Ah well now I know! I'm about to open it up again, I have the slightest suspicion it might be the d-pad rubber blocking it.

SurfaceDragon wrote:

Were you holding the two halves of the case firmly together while putting the screws in?

Yeah I did, the screws are almost too tightly in place as well.

Brighton, England

Okay an update: the dpad was slightly raised and fixing that did fix the overall problem somewhat, however there is still a noticeable gap on the top and bottom that I'm not sure how to fix. For now I've just screwed it in as tight as humanly possible to minimise it's appearance. Any suggestions as to what it might be?

Finland

I've done two gameboys with ASM cases... The only thing I noticed is that the cases of course don't have threaded holes, they get that way by first screwing stuff in. That's it... Can't imagine a lot more if it isn't something stuck in the way.
Do the screws actually get tight? Cuz I stripped a few screwholes on a kitsch bent case a while ago, the screws just spun endlessly without ever tightening. So can't really imagine that they are stripped either.... Hmmmm.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:25 am)

Brighton, England
Apeshit wrote:
Sato wrote:

Okay an update: the dpad was slightly raised and fixing that did fix the overall problem somewhat, however there is still a noticeable gap on the top and bottom that I'm not sure how to fix. For now I've just screwed it in as tight as humanly possible to minimise it's appearance. Any suggestions as to what it might be?

Be careful not to strip the screw posts. If it's not screwing together, don't force it.

If you squeeze the two halves together, does the shell close all the way? Or does it feel like something is blocking it?

If I squeeze the top, it seems to close all the way, not the same for the bottom. I'm guessing there's yet another issue down there then -_-

Michigan

My guess is your headphone wires. The four wires leading to the headphone jack can often times rest on top of a ... how do you say... load bearing post. Notice the standoffs inside the shell that don't get a screw? Those make contact from one side of the shell to the other and must be free of other objects.

Brighton, England
Jazzmarazz wrote:

My guess is your headphone wires. The four wires leading to the headphone jack can often times rest on top of a ... how do you say... load bearing post. Notice the standoffs inside the shell that don't get a screw? Those make contact from one side of the shell to the other and must be free of other objects.

Headphone wires is an entirely possible suggestion. I'll check tomorrow though, it's 11pm here and I can't be bothered to disassemble it a third time tongue