Florida

Does anyone have any idea how the code/hardware could be changed to make the Chip Maestro any better?  The cart itself still has sockets for soldering in for programming headers (JTAG and AVR), making it pretty easy to modify, but I'm not really sure of the limits of the hardware. All the midi stuff is handled by an Atmega168, but I don't have a lot of experience programming.
Almost everything related to the Chip Maestro is here, as well as all the info he posted on the chip forums, some of which might be outdated, is here

I just get buyer's remorse from looking at it, and want to do something to make it worthwhile.

Last edited by D3LL (Sep 1, 2014 2:52 am)

D3LL wrote:

I just get buyer's remorse from looking at it, and want to do something to make it worthwhile.

Sell it on ebay and wish away the two years it took to show up big_smile

Clermont-Ferrand, France

Or sell it to me big_smile

Have you tried to contact Jarek directly ? Maybe he'd be interested in working on this with someone else.
What do you want to improve ?

New Zealand

What dsc said

Melbourne, Australia

I have plenty of AVR experience and would be happy to have a crack at it - but what exactly could be gained by messing with just the MIDI implementation and not the NES code?

Florida
PleaseLoseBattle wrote:

Have you tried to contact Jarek directly ? Maybe he'd be interested in working on this with someone else.
What do you want to improve ?

I was originally going to see if I could buy a dev cart from him since he supposedly had some leftover from the kickstarter, but he never replied, and I was stuck waiting for his first consumer batch.  I don't think he'd be able or responisve enough to work with.

uXe wrote:

I have plenty of AVR experience and would be happy to have a crack at it - but what exactly could be gained by messing with just the MIDI implementation and not the NES code?

I guess that would have to be modified as well...

Honestly, I'm not really in the mood to sell it, as it's the closest thing to a midines I've got.
I would really just like to make this cart as close to a midines as possible, as unrealistic as that might be, but stating the fact there are no tech docs for the midines, I don't know where to start.

Yes the source code is available so imporvements could be made easily. What would you change/add?