Philly, PA, USA

So the other day I started messing around with quartz composer as a means to make live visuals.
This is the first thing like that that I've done,
the image pieces were made in Fireworks, and then the rest is Quartz Composer
at this point it's all automatic, just going along with the audio input, but I intend to try making some key-command triggered stuff, anyway, we'll see where this goes.

Feedback, especially criticism is very much appreciated, I know the actual pixel stuff isn't great, but this is really just a try to get this going at this point. the video quality isn't great, the real thing syncs up better.

Music Featured is Minusbaby's Left, Blip 2009 mix

uhajdafdfdfa

Pretty neat! You should get some elephants dancing about in that forest. smile

wink

GNV / FL / USA

Open visuals at 8static on June 12th. We'll run a wire from the soundboard to your computer. Get to work! smile

Philly, PA, USA
NO CARRIER wrote:

Open visuals at 8static on June 12th. We'll run a wire from the soundboard to your computer. Get to work! smile

!!!! so excited! time to get crackin!

astral cat

awesome start man smile

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Nice smile Quartz composer, been thinking about picking that up - would you say it's good for VJ-ing?

New York City
Sander von Focus wrote:

would you say it's good for VJ-ing?

If you keep it fresh, it is, if you keep the same thing audioreacting to a tune all the time, no.
It's usually misused but it can have potential. I once built a little arkaos-like video switcher with it (way back then when Quartz was a standalone program called pixelshox and the ONLY hardware-accelerated VJ software in existance) and it worked swell.
My friend r3nder makes incredible visuals using Quartz: http://r3nder.net/resource/archives/cat_crafts.html

Philly
NO CARRIER wrote:

Isn't that Enso's job?  wink

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

(@Akira: Thanks! Will check it out)
Sorry for being offtopic.

Philly, PA, USA

sander: off topic is fine!
an-cat-max: thanks!
Ro-Bear: not for long! muahahahah /me strokes cat
Akira: that stuff (what i could see of it) looks amazing! i have something to aspire to!

NYC

not for june but july you should see me there for open viz smile oh and Pixls, great job ! I like the image alot. I don't have a mac but i'm prolly getting one for work and quartz composer is the first thing i'm trying out with arkaos

Philly, PA, USA

invaderbacca: thanks! i thought it was a fun little thing. and i've been doind some more stuff, quartz composer can do some pretty cool stuff

Middlesbrough, UK

loveing that mate, totally need to sus that out