Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Hey gang! Entering my final year of university in September, and my course offers the chance to swap a standard academic dissertation for a portfolio of 'Media Writing' (journalism, basically). Within the allocated word count I'd like to do a piece about chip, either cultural or historical, and was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Any suggestions would be major helpful to get my thought-juice flowing, planning to use 2,000 words for 'something chip', split into either two 1,000 word pieces or a single 2,000 piece, so nothing TOO sprawling in scope!
Thanks in advance boos ~ heart x heart x heart ~

History of big record labels?
History of some big events?
Chip sounds in mainstream music?
Chip and the world map?

Last edited by Jotie (Sep 8, 2014 2:04 pm)

Seattle, WA

Chip Plagarism Controversies

BK

Maybe the evolution of the the scene from its roots in the demoscene up until its modern day incarnation?

Or something more anthropological about the different cultures/subcultures that have arisen as a result?

France (au milieu)

add some boobs!

everybody like boobs (note: the bigger, the better)

Moncton, Canada

talk about how chip music is the only scene where the music sucks and everyone still loves it

real talk though anything about its history for people to actually understand what chip music is would be a great starter. eventually maybe people will stop calling my music zelda songs

Last edited by Kommisar (Sep 8, 2014 3:03 pm)

Kris k wrote:

Maybe the evolution of the the scene from its roots in the demoscene up until its modern day incarnation?

thisss, more people need to know about the demoscene

California

+1 for a demoscene->today history lesson.

UK, Leicester
Sesska wrote:

add some boobs!

everybody like boobs (note: the bigger, the better)

flat is justice

in all seriousness, this

Kris k wrote:

Or something more anthropological about the different cultures/subcultures that have arisen as a result?

France (au milieu)
Kommisar wrote:

talk about how chip music is the only scene where the music sucks and everyone still loves it

smile !!!

i would ignore the modern chip scene altogether and just write about inpuj!

montreal, qc

HAHA THAT WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA

Last edited by ilkae (Nov 1, 2014 9:45 am)

Liverpool, UK

8 Bitches: How Much Hot Groupie Action Do Chiptune Artists Get?

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Soz gang doing about the Portsmouth docks closing and how depressing it is instead, cheers for the help though! heart heart heart