Sky Burial  is a work of personal combat against the internal engine that pushes me away from dreams.  There is a place between floating aimlessly with your head in the clouds and just scraping by in the mud-realm of men and commerce.  Every song has an adventure behind it.  Every adventure begins with a question.  Sky Burial is what it sounds like when I come out on top against the menial indignities that the scared, frustrated, and weak-of-heart work to impose upon us each day.  Sky Burial is my quest to find a place that feels like Home. 

Sky Burial is 10 songs made without automation or external effects in a tracker using common Nintendo Entertainment System sample loops that I cleaned up and fine-tuned a few cents here and there, with special thanks to bucky for Snare #25 from his DPCM pack and maktone for the kick drum, which I lifted from a mod called "Dogfight."  "Brionic Commando" is a song by my friend Brion Kennedy that I ruined.  Fully analog mastering by Joel Hatstat, who completed the realization of a childhood dream by launching things to the In-Your-Face layer of the stratosphere. 

It has its quirks and imperfections.  Sometimes it distorts.  All in all, it sounds just the way I wanted it to, and I urge you to check out Joel Hatstat's website for downloading (you can get individual songs that way if you'd like) because he put a lot of pro-bono work into helping me with this (the site will auto-play one of my songs, so watch your speakers if you're at work or whatever).  Thank you so much: Shizz, JDDJ3J, Random, virt, and Shnabubula for all of your encouragement early on.  I'm happy to finally put this album to rest in my heart.

Close your eyes and have your own adventure.

(Let me know if there's any interest in an 11x17 print of the artwork.  I may be getting a few of those soon)

Last edited by Prizmatic Spray (Jul 31, 2010 7:12 am)

Neo Jersey

this is awesome man. very well done. I can taste a bit of norrin radd in here, but at the same time you have your own unique sound. lookin forward to hearing more from you in the future. also that art is fucking gorgeous

Last edited by HPizzle (May 28, 2010 1:00 am)

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

free willzyx?

Thanks, HPizzle!  That's one of the best compliments I could hope for.