Tacoma WA

So what is the best way?

I know LSDJ is capable of it with a midi->GB

and that i could do it with mGb and a audinoboy.

but i'm just wondering if one is better than the other?

right now i'm leaning towards LSDJ since i already have a midi->GB

but if there are differences i am curious and didn't have much luck searching

i am also looking for full control with the gameboy playing what i am sending it not sync

Sweeeeeeden

mGB is probably the best option for that. LSDj can only be MIDI-controlled through the keyboard mode, which sucks ass.
I'd personally opt for syncing LSDj with a computer master and compose side by side, however. A little more work, but LSDj gives you a good amount of control, that a PC-side sequencer won't be able to give you.

Abandoned on Fire
infradead wrote:

i am also looking for full control with the gameboy playing what i am sending it not sync

Unless low-gain has something up his sleeve (and I think he does) then MGB or [that other one for GBC only that I can't think of the name] are your only options.

EDIT:  Pushpin!  That's the GBC one.

Last edited by egr (May 27, 2010 7:32 pm)

New York City

mGB
mGB
mGB
mGB

Geneva, NY

I did the Pushpin thing for a minute there.  It was kinda cool but it never got updated past the initial version and that version had a major bug that scrambled everything if it heard any data outside the MIDI channels it was looking for.  ie. it's set for CH 1-4 and you also send something on Ch 7 = U R FUCT.

I still think we need to leverage Johan into decoupling LSDJ live mode from the sequencer.  If you can prelisten to a note, I guessing he can also make it so live mode doesn't have to be quantized by the sequencer. mGB is pretty sweet, but kinda blah if you don't have a powerful enough controller/computer.  Having all your LSDJ tables and instruments (working well) at your fingertips would be THE BOMB.

☺☺☺
bleo wrote:

I still think we need to leverage Johan into decoupling LSDJ live mode from the sequencer.  If you can prelisten to a note, I guessing he can also make it so live mode doesn't have to be quantized by the sequencer. mGB is pretty sweet, but kinda blah if you don't have a powerful enough controller/computer.  Having all your LSDJ tables and instruments (working well) at your fingertips would be THE BOMB.

THIS THIS THIS. A MILLION TIMES THIS!

possibly an instrument mode that maps the instruments to program changes? who needs CCs when yew got TABLZ

/me trails off topic and dares to dream

Last edited by Emar (May 28, 2010 2:12 pm)

Geneva, NY

Here's the only glimmer of hope we have: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/lsdj/message/10913