I've recently bought an Arturia Microbrute analog synthesizer and after reading up on this article:

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2011/09/28 … k-no-midi/

It got me thinking as to whether it would be possible to use the same method to sync my microbrute to pulses sent out by the WAV channel on my gameboy? The Microbrute has a CV gate in and a CV gate out port.

I am hoping that someone will be able to help me with this and maybe even give me some pointers regarding CV gates and how it all works.

I can also set the Microbrute to only play the step sequences its recorded to the pulses received by the CV gate, however I cannot seem to get it to sync at all.

I understand MIDI is another viable option however I'd like to see if this is possible first.

Sweeeeeeden

That method can only be used for synths that will accept pulses. Any Gameboy will filter away any constant DC level, so if you use it for a gate, the gate will be extremely short if it works at all. And CV control, forget it. You may be able to bypass the coupling capacitors and get raw DC levels out of it, however, then you'll get extra DC offsets which may be undesirable. With this method, you could also do CV (pitch) control but likely in non-harmonic steps (whatever voltages the Gameboy happens to output.. I've been meaning to explore this at some point, but haven't gotten to it. (Hello Infradead.)

Thank you for the response.

It seems like midi would be the better option currently, I just had a thought and wanted to see if it was even slightly possible with my current equipment. Obviously not, well easily anyway.