Montréal

Sidabitball's LSVJ is online and available for download !!
Follow the link >> http://www.lsvj.net/dokuwiki/doku.php

http://www.sidabitball.com/lsvj

]LSVj is a Vj software, coupled with a sequencer.Part of software logic and interface is based on some trackers softwares, especially LSDj.The aim of lsvj is to be able to vj with low definition pictures and animations (ex: animated gif files) AND to get a strong link between music and animation.This software respect the 'low quality' of the pictures, by preserving their pixelised aspect. Some Vj call this a problem, but here, we call it a feature smile

yes \o/

Minneapolis

looks interesting enough. Might be worth a look. Actually, I'm quite excited.

Will never forget when he showed me this at Numusic festival before completely rocking it on stage. I'd use it in my own shows but surely it'll always be Sidabitball's trademark? Still dope to play around with, very pleased he's put it up.

singapore

LSVJ is gonna be the dog's bollocks!!

In fact there is even a way for you to use the lsvj interface to sync your tb-303 or tr-909 to your LSDJ... I've got some examples of that   big_smile

Venezuela

a pnok and an ikuma!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD great to se you guys!

i have to try this

San Francisco

say what?

Brazil

gifs gifs gifs!

It works great with lgpt (i'm using the win version). All I need now is good gifs.

FlashHeart

I'm an idiot who can't really figure out how  to use this stuff. I've loaded in images but right now when I run it, it just looks like a slideshow. No effects seem to  be working and I'm not sure how to actually use it for live visuals.

Also, how would  one sync it to the windows version of lgpt?

Thanks
---Mr. Technologically inept.

>I'm an idiot who can't really figure out how  to use this stuff. I've loaded in images but right now when I run it, it just looks like a slideshow. No effects seem to  be working and I'm not sure how to actually use it for live visuals.

i agree some info to us tracker noobs would be really nice.
can somebody with teacher skills make a doc of how to load in your first sample gifs and start mixing ?

Brazil

Natty, I used midiyoke, which is a program who "emulates" 8 midi inputs and outputs, so to sync you need to have it installed and then put the corresponding output<->input number. Is not that hard.

Also, I had some issues with loading visuals: you load the images, then make the chains. Then, click with the right button and you will be able to select a phrase that is already open (which might be one of your gifs!)

FlashHeart

Thanks. But I'm still a bit confused as to how to do a live show and mix things live.

And how would I do video out?

Last edited by Natty (Jun 6, 2010 6:46 pm)

Natty wrote:

Thanks. But I'm still a bit confused as to how to do a live show and mix things live.

And how would I do video out?

Hello,
indeed lsvj is pretty confusing and do not look like another vj software,
so please visit http://lsvj.net for the wiki ( i know its still a bit empty) and register  to the lsvj forum at http://www.bricostudio.net, so we can build some constructive "Questions and Answers",  that may help to populate the wiki as well smile

I realy need your feedback to improve the software and the documentation ! ( and for my motivation wink )

Last edited by jambonbill (Jun 7, 2010 7:49 am)

Brazil

I dunno nothing about the video-out too. And friends who are vjs uses mac. LSVJ is not working for them.

Actually, I didn't tought lsvj was confusing. It looks exactly like lsdj, so it's not that hard. Some stuff is harder, but like lsdj we can learn it big_smile

New York City
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Actually, I didn't tought lsvj was confusing. It looks exactly like lsdj

But LSDJ is a music tracker.
VJ software works in a totally different way. Even though there are varied types of VJ software, I don't know if the LSDJ interface is totally intuitive for video.
I am used to step-sequence video so it might be OK for me to get used to it but I have no use for LSVJ smile

Unsubscribe

I think of it more as a GIF sequencer big_smile