SOO i have like uber turbo fm radio whitch runs on AA batteries >> WHITCH WOULD BE DOPE for street performances ///

>>> MM IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAkE A LINE INPUT FOR IT
>> PLUG IN MY GAMEBOY
>> AND ROCK WIZ MA COCK OUT ON STREET ?

>8[ c==m8 [+ -- oo]

?

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

What?

NorthTtrrrway

koukou

Tacoma WA

much easier and less messy to find a stereo that has a aux input.

i'm sure its possible but i'm not sure it'd would be worth the effort

Abandoned on Fire

An easy way to at least try it out would be to use an mp3 player FM transmitter.  Wireless, baby!

EDIT:  Here's a few reviews from CNET  http://reviews.cnet.com/1990-6519_7-6308508-1.html

Last edited by egr (May 28, 2010 8:07 pm)

Milan, Italy

It shouldn't be too hard.

- remove the volume pot (SINCE WE ARE NOT PUSSIES AND WE ONLY PLAY AT THE MAX VOLUME)
- solder a female jack to the "volume pot out" on the pcb.
- turn on the radio
- plug in your game boy and PARTY HARD.

maybe you should need a little headphone amplifier like this.

lol, I really dont think this mod would work. But maybe yes, dunno. cool

edit:
i've bought this thing an year ago, and i'm THE FUCKING KING OF THE STREEZZ since then (just like Johnny DeMarco).

Last edited by arottenbit (May 29, 2010 1:04 am)

Melbourne, Australia

Those FM transmitters are often horrible at maintaining the integrity of the frequency spectrum you put through it. I have one I use in the car but I would never listen to music through it. We generally just use it for podcasts (smodcast) on the drive to work in the morning. I'd suggest if you REALLY must have wireless then go something digital but honestly I think it's just better to be corded.

Chicago IL

i thought gameboy was for pussies or something?

HAHA YEA THANKS ROTTENBIT ! >> but waaah whitch iz teh volume pot output ? hahaha ; DD
i will make a picture of dat little fm bastard and post it here

>> and true about thoose fm transmitters ,
+++ i had idea to get powerfull fm transmitter and do a street party where everybody comes wiz own fm recievers and do a uber soundshitstem >8 D

brighton, uk

If there's a tape deck in there it will probably be connected to some sort of mainboard. Should be an audio input to solder there shuld it have one.
The volume pot is the volume control, use brain.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

by chance does the radio have a tape player in it?

YEA I KNOW THIS STUFF ,, but the radio whitch i want to PIMP haz only FM reciever in it ;//

Milan, Italy
low-gain wrote:

by chance does the radio have a tape player in it?

I always use this to BANG my awesome car radio. big_smile

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
KODEK wrote:

YEA I KNOW THIS STUFF ,, but the radio whitch i want to PIMP haz only FM reciever in it ;//

OK!!!!!

That being said... the only way you'll make this happen is to find the power amplifier for the radio. Cut the radio signal (or put it on a dpdt switch) and
add  your in put jacks (which should have series cap and series resistor) This, as stated before could possibly be the volume pot.

simple way to test is to remove the trace going to the top of each pot (i'm sure it's probably a dual pot for stereo) and simply touch the top lug of the pot w/ an 1/8" jack running some audio (you'll need to connect ground to the radio and cable too) to see if it works. If it does.. the rest is pretty straight forward.

If you have no clue what i'm talking about chances are the project is a little over your head, but you should find someone who does know what they're doing w/ electronics and ask them to do it.

Got a picture of this sweet radio?

I have to do the same mod to my new thrift store score. smile

yes, that is a built in turntable :-D

Last edited by low-gain (May 29, 2010 12:22 pm)

THANKS MAN ! // I WILL TRY THAT VOLUME POT THING : D

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Snapped a quick video of  my new toy in action smile